• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found an old comic shop today, the books were all double cover price though, so I just got some Richie Rich
1 1

68 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cherokee Books, Hollywood CA circa early 1960’s. Guy on left is Rick Durrell noted  early super collector and gas station owner. Guy on right is Bert Blum the owner.

Such a special place to a kid like me. In the hall were boxes of 50 cent and dollar comics. I got about 60% of my PCH there.

I can’t even imagine. :sorry:

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Cherokee Books, Hollywood CA circa early 1960’s. Guy on left is Rick Durrell noted  early super collector and gas station owner. 

I could google it, but this is more fun. Any idea what happened to his collection? I assume those were his Action 1, Tec 1/27, Bats 1, etc, that were laid out for the photo. 

13 minutes ago, 10cents said:

I could google it, but this is more fun. Any idea what happened to his collection? I assume those were his Action 1, Tec 1/27, Bats 1, etc, that were laid out for the photo. 

The books in that picture were being sold by the store. RD was a frequent buyer.  That is just the kind of store it was.  Folks say that RD had MULTIPLE Action 1.  What happened to his collection is a depressing scandal, at least in the versions I've heard told.  The story has been told on these boards several times.

19 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

The books in that picture were being sold by the store. RD was a frequent buyer.  That is just the kind of store it was.  Folks say that RD had MULTIPLE Action 1.  What happened to his collection is a depressing scandal, at least in the versions I've heard told.  The story has been told on these boards several times.

:foryou: