• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

He is Risen! NM#100 9.9 - $5800

51 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I thought this thread was gonna be about this:

TOD.jpg.94a23cb6b3c9bcae39b002f61cc9b88b.jpg

This sale didn't register on GPAnalysis? (shrug)

Is GPA normally this fast or is it based upon real time data gathering since this sale only took place last night?  hm

Even if it did, I am also not sure if it includes any of the completed auction results from the CL auctions.  ???

Edited by lou_fine

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Is GPA normally this fast or is it based upon real time data gathering since this sale only took place last night?  hm

Even if it did, I am also not sure if it includes any of the completed auction results from the CL auctions.  ???

I've noted instances of very little lag time from the point in time of an ebay sale, until it hits GP. Minutes, if not sooner. Been almost 24 hours, it could be Link results aren't picked up on the system. I know GP has a great system and does a great job. I'm just unsure as to how they compile. Never saw an explanation and don't remember ever searching for the nuts and bolts explained.

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I thought Comiclink didn't report to GPA.  

Do you have to report sales to have them tallied? I thought some special GP web program automatically tabulated CGC graded sales across a certain spectrum of the net, whomever the chosen sites to record are? If you have to report sales for them to be tallied, that would mean that ebay is specifically noting CGC graded sales and forwarding the info to GP. My understanding was that GP's program did that regardless of if the sales venue reported by forwarded the info or not.

22 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Do you have to report sales to have them tallied? I thought some special GP web program automatically tabulated CGC graded sales across a certain spectrum of the net, whomever the chosen sites to record are? If you have to report sales for them to be tallied, that would mean that ebay is specifically noting CGC graded sales and forwarding the info to GP. My understanding was that GP's program did that regardless of if the sales venue reported by forwarded the info or not.

I’m gonna report you to GPA :devil:

11 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

It was my understanding years ago that Comiclink and Comicconnect sales did not show up in GPA.  It's possible things have now changed.  

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It was my understanding years ago that Comiclink and Comicconnect sales did not show up in GPA.  It's possible things have now changed.  

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:
16 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I thought Comiclink didn't report to GPA.  

I believe you are correct.  I don't remember ComicLink reporting their sales to GPA. 

Yes, you are definitely correct about CL auction results and sales not being captured in GPA.

Now I remember, they were apparently willing to report their auction results  to GPA, but only on the ones which they wanted to have reported and for GPA not to capture the sales which they did not want reported.  Definitely a tactic on CL's part to influence the market going forward by always painting a positive and misleading movement upwards.  (tsk)

I believe CL considers their auction results and sales to be proprietary knowledge and hence no auction archive or historical sales information available of any kind at all.  :censored:

As for ComicConnect, I believe they do report to GPA although some boardies here claim that some of their results are either missing or very late.  They also do have an auction archive of sorts if you click onto their SOLD button to the left and do a search for the book you are interested in.  Only problem is they also seem to be a bit behind in terms of updating this historical archive of theirs.  :frustrated:

17 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

2 9.9s sold last year of nm98 for around 20k

Would you happen to have a link to either one of these 2 CGC 9.9 sales that went for around $20K's?  :wishluck:

Hard to believe unless we can actually see it since it seems the price is definitely way out there.

But then again, it's been 10 long years so Boston might finally be given his due if he decided to hold on for this extended period of time.  (thumbsu