• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

He is Risen! NM#100 9.9 - $5800

51 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Has Boston Corbett risen from the ashes? 

As I had posted on another thread here the other day, If you missed Boston's initial lecture where he was so kind as to school all of us on the economic theory of supply and demand in the comic book marketplace, you can relive and enjoy it all here in the attached 56 pages of rollicking fun and good times in all its glory:

:preach:  lol

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

As I had posted on another thread here the other day, If you missed Boston's initial lecture where he was so kind as to school all of us on the economic theory of supply and demand in the comic book marketplace, you can relive and enjoy it all here in the attached 56 pages of rollicking fun and good times in all its glory:

:preach:  lol

$12,250

What’s it worth now?

19 minutes ago, comicquant said:

The 9.9 Tomb of Dracula sold in 2005 for $4500.  If the seller was the original buyer I can imagine he’s got a pretty big smile right about now.

14 years in the making....

Bold reholder 

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Now, I remember picking up a high grade copy of TOD 10 in Toronto during one of my business trips there back about 20 years ago.  Can't remember what I paid for the book, but it was cheaper than what I had to pay for the supposedly scarce Vampi 113.  :whee:

Only problem is I have absolutely no idea where the book is since I always assumed it was pretty much a worthless POS book and just tossed it in one of my now long forgotten boxes when I got back home from my trip.  If I knew where it was, I would rent a steamroller and squish squash the living daylights out of it until it was good enough to be a CGC 12.0 graded copy with the crazy amount of money that's being thrown around nowadays.  :screwy:  lol

14 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

2 9.9s sold last year of nm98 for around 20k

So, are you telling us that Boston was right in the end, as long as you hold onto your books long enough?  :taptaptap:

For his sake then, I hope he held onto his copy long enough to recoup his initial cash outlay plus interest.  :wishluck: