• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help them. They know not.
1 1

12 posts in this topic

This. So this guy thinks the one on the left is an X-Men book. And they're still in their plastic covers, guys! I swear, I live in the wilderness. There are two more posts that state, "still in original packaging" bc some guy before him bagged and boarded them!Screenshot_20190829-192731_Facebook.thumb.jpg.6301d12db3878d81b5664d9ab1827184.jpg

I remember seeing an ad for a way overpriced junk collection but im the pic was an issue of RAW, and I was still completing my set. So I messaged him and said I’d be willing to buy just that comic for $50. I think he wanted $75 for the collection but the other 5 or t issues were just beat to hell Youngblood and X-Men #1’s or whatever. He agreed. When I got to his house he pulled out two more issues of RAW that he didn’t list, said I could have them all for $50 each. I only had $100 in my pocket, not expecting to see more good stuff. He gave them all to me for the $100, pretty good score from a bad ad

48 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I think he is saying you will be a super friend if you buy this drek!lol

you will 4 sure.

20 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

Every single comic sale ad on Facebook Marketplace

No, this is what is on the facebook marketplace:

Distance shot of 12 mid-grade 80s and 90s drek comics. "WHOLESALE INVESTMENT PRICE! I don't know much about comics, but these are very rare and in mint condition. Asking price $200. Get these before some smart investor does."

On 8/30/2019 at 4:11 PM, the blob said:

No, this is what is on the facebook marketplace:

Distance shot of 12 mid-grade 80s and 90s drek comics. "WHOLESALE INVESTMENT PRICE! I don't know much about comics, but these are very rare and in mint condition. Asking price $200. Get these before some smart investor does."

Amen! This weekend I responded to an add that had Strange Tale 146, 147, 157, and Shazam 1 along with a few "meh" books. I asked him to send pics of each cover for me and they were not the best representation of the books to say the least. We haggled a little and agreed to meet. When I saw the books in person, it was like someone took my beer goggles off the morning after. They were beat up pretty bad. Like 1.5 to 3.5 bad. I explained how important condition was and had to pass. Wasted an evening on that one. He took the time to explain to me his research. For example- he found an example of one of his books graded at a 9.8 for $750. So he had $750 written on that issue's bag. He said, " I know you have to pay a percentage to get it graded, but I think it would be worth it." I told him he should put the lot on ebay and hope for the best. 

Another guy this weekend had a She Hulk 1 and 25 (plus some obligatory 90's random junk that everyone likes to throw into a deal) for $70. I thought it might be worth a look. When I contacted him, he said he'd decided to pull the ad and sell them with the rest of his collection. "I'll take $450. I have 600-700 issues. I've been collecting for almost 20 years, so I know what I have. It's a steal. I just want them out of my living room." His one pic of the collection was two long boxes with a stack of 90's Batgirl on top. Looks like he had a full run of nothing for me.

2 minutes ago, Conacon said:

Amen! This weekend I responded to an add that had Strange Tale 146, 147, 157, and Shazam 1 along with a few "meh" books. I asked him to send pics of each cover for me and they were not the best representation of the books to say the least. We haggled a little and agreed to meet. When I saw the books in person, it was like someone took my beer goggles off the morning after. They were beat up pretty bad. Like 1.5 to 3.5 bad. I explained how important condition was and had to pass. Wasted an evening on that one. He took the time to explain to me his research. For example- he found an example of one of his books graded at a 9.8 for $750. So he had $750 written on that issue's bag. He said, " I know you have to pay a percentage to get it graded, but I think it would be worth it." I told him he should put the lot on ebay and hope for the best. 

Another guy this weekend had a She Hulk 1 and 25 (plus some obligatory 90's random junk that everyone likes to throw into a deal) for $70. I thought it might be worth a look. When I contacted him, he said he'd decided to pull the ad and sell them with the rest of his collection. "I'll take $450. I have 600-700 issues. I've been collecting for almost 20 years, so I know what I have. It's a steal. I just want them out of my living room." His one pic of the collection was two long boxes with a stack of 90's Batgirl on top. Looks like he had a full run of nothing for me.

Mass delusion?

Nah, people who don't know any better thinking they know better. Another ad wants to sell Hulk 340 for $150- not NM. And Spider-Man 300 for $500- definitely not NM. And there's that lady who think her kid's mid/late 90's Spider-Man comics are worth their weight in gold.