• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your Sandman Art!
4 4

121 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pestonaccio said:

Hello everybody,

I am in the process of re-reading this masterpiece as in Italy it has been finally republished in a deluxe edition and, with a Netflix show announced, I thought it would be nice to see what you have hidden in your collections!

Please 1/75 only and death mini series!

I will start with this Kelley Jones piece from the season of mists storyline. It has all for me except for some dialogue.

Let us see what you have!

Luca

XZvo3cyC_0412171600481gpadd (2).jpg

What about your Bachalo? 😜

Those are alle prime examples.

Joseph, if my memory serves me, you own the last page from overture which matches perfectly the one you showed us. Is the death page all art or does it have some stats? From the scan it seems so.

Simon, kindly ones is a great storyline (all are great storylines), but Hempel is my least favourite artist (but of course i would kill to get that page from you). Great death page... And don't cheat, other stories are not allowed! :-)

Nico, wow, I remember that page so vividly! I am going to read those stories later today or tomorrow!

Keep showing!

Ps: Other Bachalo's? Who me?:-))

3 hours ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

I started reading Sandman during the Kindly Ones (talk about being late to the party!)

I should probably just break down and read it book.

Finally got all the way through DKR for the first time earlier this year. That one was fits and starts for three decades lol , it just seemed there was always something more interesting to distract.

At least I had that deluxe hardcover sitting around. Sandman...I'd need to buy first.

1 minute ago, vodou said:

I should probably just break down and read it book.

Finally got all the way through DKR for the first time earlier this year. That one was fits and starts for three decades lol , it just seemed there was always something more interesting to distract.

At least I had that deluxe hardcover sitting around. Sandman...I'd need to buy first.

Got a library card?  I bet your local library has it, physically or even digitally.

Just now, GotSuperPowers? said:

I bet your local library has it, physically or even digitally.

Great idea, and that's what I used to do all the time when I lived near civilization ( lol ) but then I moved.

And everything is awesome except...just one fail...all nearby libraries. Straight outta the 18th century. For real.

No inter-library loans, no online inventory/reservations. All still card catalog. And what they do have is ancient and dusty, or a hodge-podge of whatever gets donated. I don't think they have an acquisition budget to speak of, and that's why they have Season Four of Melrose Place (the old one!) but no others. Or random Perry Mason vhs tapes (yeah...um, no), but nothing even approaching a full season. Comics/graphic novels...I gave up before I found them. Too depressing.

So you get what you pay for in the really small 'lost' towns of NE, which is mostly fine, except for this.

I'll get the just get the Absolute volumes, eventually. The art I've always liked, even though I have no idea what the heck is going on :)

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Great idea, and that's what I used to do all the time when I lived near civilization ( lol ) but then I moved.

And everything is awesome except...just one fail...all nearby libraries. Straight outta the 18th century. For real.

No inter-library loans, no online inventory/reservations. All still card catalog. And what they do have is ancient and dusty, or a hodge-podge of whatever gets donated. I don't think they have an acquisition budget to speak of, and that's why they have Season Four of Melrose Place (the old one!) but no others. Or random Perry Mason vhs tapes (yeah...um, no), but nothing even approaching a full season. Comics/graphic novels...I gave up before I found them. Too depressing.

So you get what you pay for in the really small 'lost' towns of NE, which is mostly fine, except for this.

I'll get the just get the Absolute volumes, eventually. The art I've always liked, even though I have no idea what the heck is going on :)

I hear you.  Well, assuming your library has a website, they have access to digital resources including things like OverDrive* and Hoopla, which have comics.  I personally don't read comics digitally, but I know lots of folks do.  

*Disclaimer, I work for OverDrive. :angel:

34 minutes ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

I hear you.  Well, assuming your library has a website, they have access to digital resources including things like OverDrive* and Hoopla, which have comics.  I personally don't read comics digitally, but I know lots of folks do.  

*Disclaimer, I work for OverDrive. :angel:

By website, do you mean a single 'information only' page on the town's web site which names the trustees, the librarian and a phone number?

If so: I'm golden lol

If only there was an online book seller that carried a massive inventory of just about every graphic novel that one might want. 

What a concept!  Whoever executes on such an idea might become one of the richest men in the world!