• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your Sandman Art!
4 4

121 posts in this topic

That is another great example, Martin. Mike D. is my second favourite Sandman artist and I sincerely hope to get a page from him in the future. 

The problem is that how many times is Dream present of the page in the first issues? Not many...

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

If only there was an online book seller that carried a massive inventory of just about every graphic novel that one might want. 

What a concept!  Whoever executes on such an idea might become one of the richest men in the world! 

Of course but not the one you're thinking of: bookfinder.com ;)

On 8/30/2019 at 1:03 PM, pestonaccio said:

Joseph, if my memory serves me, you own the last page from overture which matches perfectly the one you showed us. Is the death page all art or does it have some stats? From the scan it seems so.

Correct.

I also own the Overture 2 (DPS) pages which lead up to  it.

Williams Sandman Overture 6 pg 30 splash (18).jpg

20 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Sadly had to sell this lovely piece a few years ago, but figured you guys would appreciate it nonetheless....title splash to my favorite arc in the run, by, in my opinion, the best Sandman artist:

1698901378_sandman21pg4.jpg.da8ee42c5d2a4558401a695078498ae1.jpg

Cool to see this one. I had the opportunity to buy this page a few years ago and regretted passing even more after I acquired the last page from Season of the Mist. Thought it would have made a cool book end.

Cheers

J

1 hour ago, cheekyj2112 said:

Cool to see this one. I had the opportunity to buy this page a few years ago and regretted passing even more after I acquired the last page from Season of the Mist. Thought it would have made a cool book end.

Cheers

J

Thanks, I love title splashes -- great standalone pieces. I remember seeing that issue 1 title page on CAF years back and thinking that might be "the" Sandman page to have. Still have the image saved on my computer, too. Congrats on having such a significant page. Even though I preferred Dringeneberg over Kieth, that page is just stunning, a true piece of art. I remember reading that those early pages were sold pretty cheap as they did a tour around U.S. LCS's to promote the series. Sigh. That hurts almost as much as the fact that Miller's DKR pages were for sale at a show in Atlanta where I undoubtedly walked right by with no clue. 

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Was there ever a more interesting dialog in comics taking place while feeding the pigeons?  lol

Love this stuff.

As I am re-reading in Italian the run for the third/fourth time, I keep needing a lot of time to go through each issue. Read dream country today and I needed a couple of hours for 4 stories that I know perfectly; generally in the same amount of time I read two Trades (12/16 issues in English).

Ps: dreams of a thousand cats is way better than midsummer dream. There is no contest.