• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your Sandman Art!
4 4

121 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Wow guys, keep em comin’! :popcorn:

I’m due for a re-read...

Would you suggest to read it all without having any interruption, or would you rather suggest to read a trade or two and then let the story  "settle" in you mind a bit in order to avoid an overdose?

4 hours ago, pestonaccio said:

Would you suggest to read it all without having any interruption, or would you rather suggest to read a trade or two and then let the story  "settle" in you mind a bit in order to avoid an overdose?

Well I’ve only read it once, and I did so in the Absolute format. I purchased each volume separately over an 8 month period or so. I did read other things during that time. I think a short break between volumes was necessary. 

The absolutes are so gorgeous, and I bought vol 1 without any prior knowledge of the story other than its epic reputation. So it was a more expensive way to jump in but I trusted it would be worth it and it definitely was. 

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

The absolutes are so gorgeous, and I bought vol 1 without any prior knowledge of the story other than its epic reputation. So it was a more expensive way to jump in but I trusted it would be worth it and it definitely was. 

That's the kind of Absolute recommendation I was looking for; you didn't know that but thanks nonetheless!

32 minutes ago, vodou said:

That's the kind of Absolute recommendation I was looking for; you didn't know that but thanks nonetheless!

Don't forget the first 7 stories have (almost) nothing to do with what is coming after; the real HUGE change happens with issue 8 and the intoduction of Dream's older sister... Our pal Joseph posted a page from that episode (the one with pigeons); that is one of the best stories ever.

So, no more original art here?

Out of curiosity: why is there such a scarcity of pages available now? I remeber back in the past years (2010/2016) you could find some without any problem while now it is almost impossible. I don't think it's because of Netflix. Any hint apart from Sandman being a milestone (watchmen pages are fewer but still you can find them in any HA auction)?

Luca

13 hours ago, pestonaccio said:

So, no more original art here?

Out of curiosity: why is there such a scarcity of pages available now? I remember back in the past years (2010/2016) you could find some without any problem while now it is almost impossible. I don't think it's because of Netflix. Any hint apart from Sandman being a milestone (watchmen pages are fewer but still you can find them in any HA auction)?

Luca

With a HUGE PORTION of the main series art in one collection, and that collector not on the boards I don't expect there will be a lot of pages being shared. 

I don't have any pages from the main series to share, nor do I have an affinity for following rules, so here are a few pieces I own:

DEATH pin-up by Colleen Doran published in the DEATH GALLERY

death_pin_up-doran.jpg

So if rules have not to be followed, I will update this thread with this work by Bachalo; it was supposed to be a cover for the SDCC program back in 1995, but for some weird reason it was put aside and probably never published.

The two Brothers.

PS: is this big collector on CAF who owns a lot of pages?

Bachalo, Chris - Sandman and Death 1995.jpg

Nope. I don't think Saunter has anything posted anywhere, unless I'm mistaken.
If you poke around online, there was a big Sandman exhibition out in California a few years ago, that featured a huge number of pages, most of which were from that collection.

Not sure if any of it is still online for view. I have a catalog from it at home somewhere.

2 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Nope. I don't think Saunter has anything posted anywhere, unless I'm mistaken.
If you poke around online, there was a big Sandman exhibition out in California a few years ago, that featured a huge number of pages, most of which were from that collection.

Not sure if any of it is still online for view. I have a catalog from it at home somewhere.

Could you PM me an image of that catalog? I want to see it and see if I can get one for my collection as it will be the closest I'll ever get to a Sandman page again.

25 minutes ago, timguerrero said:

Could you PM me an image of that catalog? I want to see it and see if I can get one for my collection as it will be the closest I'll ever get to a Sandman page again.

Have you seen the Graphitti Sandman Gallery Edition book? Similar format to IDW's Artist Edition. The Sandman GE reproduces most of Sandman issue 1 at the full original art size (13 x 20") and a selection of great pages from the whole run. There's also a Sandman: Overture edition in the pipeline.

https://aeindex.org/reviews/the-sandman-gallery-edition/

And you can still order it direct from Graphitti

https://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/THE-SANDMAN_Gallery-Edition-Regular-Edition.html

For full(er) disclosure, I did help put it together. :wink:

Cheers
Joseph

1 hour ago, timguerrero said:

Sure, I'll try and find it this afternoon.

1 hour ago, timguerrero said:

I have a copy and it's a really cool book to flip through.  For some reason, I think they can still be ordered as well when I last checked.