• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #1

15 posts in this topic

Sorry, I only have this pic at the moment.  Structurally very sound book, I see no Marvel Chipping.  The main reason I am posting is the defect in the middle where the Torch's flame turns from orange to yellow.  There is a depression and a tear in the area.  Again, sorry if it is hard to see but any opinions are appreciated!

FF 1.jpg

Edited by makeminemarvel

The book looks really nice (assuming no back cover defects?)... but yeah, that puncture in the center will hurt the technical grade. Does it affect the pages underneath? Is it glued? I'd guess 3.5 to 4.0 range to be safe.

Edited by Point Five

hard to say without better pics but I would be in a 4.5 range depending on BC but the hole takes it down and there is a good amount of bends all over the FC

5 minutes ago, Point Five said:

The book looks really nice (assuming no back cover defects?)... but yeah, that puncture in the center will hurt the technical grade. Does it affect the pages underneath? Is it glued? I'd guess 3.5 to 4.0 range to be safe.

Not glued and does not affect splash page.  Back is really nice.

36 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

The puncture goes through the entire book.

I'm a bit confused as I asked the OP above and he said the splash page was unaffected by the puncture. Are you the book's owner?

Pics sent to persons requesting said pics for this book, and the others present.  It was reported to be an original owner book, and offered via an auction.  There were another 30-40 books there, but this was the main draw.  Many other books were in much better condition, but maybe 2-50 bucks max.  Guessing the boardie was looking for advice and was hoping to score an awesome book.  There was a pre-bid amount disseminated to interested parties, from the co-owner of the auction company.

33 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

Pics sent to persons requesting said pics for this book, and the others present.  It was reported to be an original owner book, and offered via an auction.  There were another 30-40 books there, but this was the main draw.  Many other books were in much better condition, but maybe 2-50 bucks max.  Guessing the boardie was looking for advice and was hoping to score an awesome book.  There was a pre-bid amount disseminated to interested parties, from the co-owner of the auction company.

I did preview the book and took the pic.  I did talk to the owner (nice guy) and he said he bought in 1961.  I was an unsuccessful bidder.  Went for $8,250.  Way too high I thought.  Thanks all for your input on the book.

Edited by makeminemarvel