• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you won this on CLink, please contact me!
2 2

22 posts in this topic

No idea who the winner of this lot is, but all I can say without further analysis is that $1,900 for this book sure seems like a very surprisingly strong price for this copy here.  :whatthe:

Especially since the other higher graded copies of the More Fun books did not do as well relative to their grades as this MF 63 was able to achieve.  hm

43 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

No idea who the winner of this lot is, but all I can say without further analysis is that $1,900 for this book sure seems like a very surprisingly strong price for this copy here.  :whatthe:

Especially since the other higher graded copies of the More Fun books did not do as well relative to their grades as this MF 63 was able to achieve.  hm

That’s what is driving me crazy. I only collect WWII covers and there aren’t many in this run. They don’t come up often. I’m prepared to pay $2400 this very moment. 😢

Edited by JimButlerGA

32 minutes ago, JimButlerGA said:

That’s what is driving me crazy. I only collect WWII covers and there aren’t many in this run. They don’t come up often. I’m prepared to pay $2400 this very moment. 😢

I would contact Josh at CLink and see if he can ask if the buyer is willing to make a quick flip.

34 minutes ago, spider9698 said:
1 hour ago, JimButlerGA said:

I would contact Josh at CLink and see if he can ask if the buyer is willing to make a quick flip.

Now, this definitely sounds like a plan and probably the best move to make at this point in time.  (thumbsu

Jim;

Was you already aware of this auction and planning to bid at the end, but something came up which made you forget all about the end of the auction?  Just asking because that seems to be a common occurrence with bidders that wait unti the end of the auction to bid.  hm

I imagine you must have a copy of MF 72 in your collection already as that is clearly also a WWII cover, but managed to fetch only a bit over guide for a much higher graded pedigree copy to boot.  :takeit:

On 8/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, lou_fine said:

Now, this definitely sounds like a plan and probably the best move to make at this point in time.  (thumbsu

Jim;

Was you already aware of this auction and planning to bid at the end, but something came up which made you forget all about the end of the auction?  Just asking because that seems to be a common occurrence with bidders that wait unti the end of the auction to bid.  hm

I imagine you must have a copy of MF 72 in your collection already as that is clearly also a WWII cover, but managed to fetch only a bit over guide for a much higher graded pedigree copy to boot.  :takeit:

I don’t. I bid on it but didn’t win. I have a Dr. Fate arguable war cover with 70. Just wanted a Spectre war cover. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 9/1/2019 at 11:02 PM, eccomic said:

Thanks, but the CLink 63 was right in my sweet spot. Hell, I’ve already spent the money on other shiny objects now. 🤣

On 8/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, lou_fine said:

Jim;

Not a bad idea ... 🧐

On 9/1/2019 at 10:52 PM, D84 said:
On 9/1/2019 at 10:02 PM, eccomic said:

Pieces added to cover gets a conserved label?

Yes, if the attachment is reversible. If the piece was attached with glue or adhesives that would require paper removal to undo then those attachments are labelled restoration. If the attachment is done with rice paper or some other means which is water soluble and can be removed without any paper destruction the that attachment is labelled conserved.

BTW, I purchased that 2.5 More Fun 63, had it pressed, then pressed again and again, then had the paper lightened, then whitened, then fibbed and said it was the Church copy on the submission form...

morefun63.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

35 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

BTW, I purchased that 2.5 More Fun 63, had it pressed, then pressed again and again, then had the paper lightened, then whitened, then fibbed and said it was the Church copy on the submission form...

morefun63.jpg

You are such a thug...

42CD21D3-4591-4571-9336-4FF87318456E.gif.123b140784f3c9d38a4c52ab9b55a244.gif

D59060A5-2BAB-4139-9150-B8A4CD7C8EAB.gif.014542cce8a2b96650aa5be43ee64e7a.gif

47552900-21CD-4541-A8E9-F70015E70B22.gif.90a63403c7d13be9a7af08a607d84b3d.gif

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Always copying me.  So sad. 

51 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Can’t wait for the counterfeit pedigree thread to get started by someone...

thanks, guys...

What color label will those have?