• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didga ever think?
3 3

100 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Well, that is not universally true.  Just ask the people of certain areas of Michigan... 

and... seriously... what's in the Long Island drinking water?

well there's always an exception for instance here's some bottled water with arsenic:

https://www.consumerreports.org/water-quality/arsenic-in-some-bottled-water-brands-at-unsafe-levels/

generally speaking tap water is better than bottled water in fact much of bottled water is just tap water poured into bottles for suckers.

51 minutes ago, kav said:

well there's always an exception for instance here's some bottled water with arsenic:

https://www.consumerreports.org/water-quality/arsenic-in-some-bottled-water-brands-at-unsafe-levels/

generally speaking tap water is better than bottled water in fact much of bottled water is just tap water poured into bottles for suckers.

That might be true... but here on Long Island I will stick to the filters and bottled water... 

The tap water in the bottled water is probably better than the tap water coming from my faucet. 

In England, tap water is safe to drink and fluoridated.  In addition, the water in my area has flowed over non-soluble rock, and so it’s crystal clear.

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That might be true... but here on Long Island I will stick to the filters and bottled water... 

The tap water in the bottled water is probably better than the tap water coming from my faucet. 

smart

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

ps distilled water is cheaper and is as pure as you can get.  It's pure H2O.

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

In England, tap water is safe to drink and fluoridated.  In addition, the water in my area has flowed over non-soluble rock, and so it’s crystal clear.

Here in Long Island we also have fluoride in our water.  It's the other stuff we are scared of. 

On 8/31/2019 at 10:45 AM, kav said:

didja ever think 2 books in same condition would sell for $100,000 difference because one got a 9.8 the other got a 9.6 and if you resubmit the one could end up with a 9.6 and the other a 9.8?  

This is most definitely the  ^^  here!!!  (thumbsu

Drinking water from the tap is subjective. I can't do it where I live at the moment but less than 5 miles away its great. We all have well water here, guess I drew the short straw. Even when I lived in a city some places had better water, either smell/taste.

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Eating a regular diet of dirty water hot dogs used to allow NYers to build a solid immunity to these teeny ,tiny microrobes. It's the tofu eaters that are at risk.

Edited by shadroch

17 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

17 hours ago, kav said:

Here in Long Island we also have fluoride in our water.  It's the other stuff we are scared of. 

9 hours ago, unclezebo said:

Drinking water from the tap is subjective. I can't do it where I live at the moment but less than 5 miles away its great. We all have well water here, guess I drew the short straw. Even when I lived in a city some places had better water, either smell/taste.

I have been drinking tap water for 54 years and well water with lots of iron for the other 10 and I have yet to become mutated or gain superpowers, still drinking, still waiting...  :taptaptap:   :pullhair:  :frustrated:

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Eating a regular diet of dirty water hot dogs used to allow NYers to build a solid immunity to these teeny ,tiny microrobes. It's the tofu eaters that are at risk.

lol

That's why I am still healthy? No dirty water dogs, but I am never above a good Taco Truck... 

Whenever I am in Woodside and have to take the LIRR from there I have no problem running downstairs to grab something off the Roosevelt Avenue Taco Truck 

17 hours ago, kav said:

I remember tasting distilled water in the chemistry lab at school.

Tasted horrible; harshly metallic.

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I remember tasting distilled water in the chemistry lab at school.

Tasted horrible; harshly metallic.

I always stuck to the sulfuric acid.  Had a real zing.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:33 AM, shadroch said:

Did I ever think I'd be able to sell just a portion of my collection and buy my retirement dream? Yes, I did.  It was while I was reading Defenders 10 that I realized some comics should sell for more than others and my lifelong dream of making money with comics began .  I remember thinking people might someday pay $20 for this book.  My dream became a plan, and after a few detours, is finally happening.

You better be careful with your words here or Gene, our residential Wall Street financial whiz kid on the boards, will come and wash your mouth out with soap.  (tsk)  lol

Seriously though, I believe if you build your comic book collection up properly, it can indeed be used like a cherry to top up the rest of your other investments and pensions to fund a good portion of your retirement dreams like your travels around the world.  (thumbsu  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

I figured a comfortable retirement needed a.good comfy chair, and a comfy chair needs four strong legs.  Comics and collectibles were one leg all along.

Had to imagine but the first building I looked at and rejected for this project was in August of 89.  It was a hell of a detour.

2 hours ago, kav said:

I always stuck to the sulfuric acid.  Had a real zing.

We only ever used sulphuric acid, which was colourless rather than colorless. :baiting: