• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didga ever think?
3 3

100 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

We only ever used sulphuric acid, which was colourless rather than colorless. :baiting:

I can state flat out you should never mix concentrated Sulpheuric, Nitric, and Hyrochlouric acid together in a test tube in an attempt to clean it out-

what it does is create an instant acid cannon which will spray across the entire lab.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:27 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Something I've never really thought about.  At least in the main comicbook-obsessed countries we have a degree of stability and don't experience the kind of extreme hyperinflation seen in Weimar Germany and Zimbabwe, and consequently need to use wheelbarrows filled with banknotes - unless you're purchasing a Tomb of Dracula key in ultra high grade, so it would seem this week.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7e3.jpg.00ef559d13b11a44e9629ecf5e94e9a0.jpg

On 8/31/2019 at 1:06 PM, telerites said:

Did you ever think you could see, buy and pay for comics with just a few taps on a keyboard - not more looking through ads in fanzines to order and no more snail mail ordering, no more sending cash/checks/money orders, and no more stamp licking (and not even sure what or if you would get what you ordered)?

No and I may skew much younger here. The technology boom of the 90's changed everything 

Didja ever think that in 20 years people will be saying didja ever think about stuff we currently believe to be impossible?

Like for example "didja ever think that signature books would become vilified as writing on cover and everyone is after pristine books?"

On 8/31/2019 at 1:45 PM, kav said:

didja ever think 2 books in same condition would sell for $100,000 difference because one got a 9.8 the other got a 9.6 and if you resubmit the one could end up with a 9.6 and the other a 9.8?  

When I was a kid in the 60's and even as an adult in 79 getting back into comics there was no such thing as a 9.6 or 9.8 so I never gave it a thought, still don't.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:27 PM, romanheart said:

Didga ever think you can go back to your childhood and relive it all over again, or realize the best you can do is collect something that can remind you of that sweet time?

Well...

They say the outer layers of the onion peel first so if we live long enough we all get to relive our childhood.

Wait, what am I doing here, what was I talking about, who am I, who are you?

26 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

When I was a kid in the 60's and even as an adult in 79 getting back into comics there was no such thing as a 9.6 or 9.8 so I never gave it a thought, still don't.

Well...

They say the outer layers of the onion peel first so if we live long enough we all get to relive our childhood.

Wait, what am I doing here, what was I talking about, who am I, who are you?

6137xwUJMDL.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

Back in the 70's there were headlines of a coming Ice Age and the world running out of oil by 2000. OMG, we were all going to be freezing to death by the early 21st century. NewIceAge_shadow-1.thumb.png.6b1e956d0a5db7b0f95b90dc097f19d7.pngMy how things have changed.

890804965_iceageheadline.jpg.32a21e521325819877880e3586f0e250.jpg

1084684332_iceage.jpg.34379dd01c109b1b4be0cd5fe7dc64d6.jpg

When I was 14 in the 70's, I thought there would be no more gas, by the time I could get my license 2 years later.

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

When I was 14 in the 70's, I thought there would be no more gas, by the time I could get my license 2 years later.

I was pretty sure that in about 2 years overpopulation would mean jam packed sidewalks and people stuffed in every nook and cranny.