• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didga ever think?
3 3

100 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

When I was 14 in the 70's, I thought there would be no more gas, by the time I could get my license 2 years later.

When I was 17 in the early ‘70’s I was praying that 50 cent per gallon gas would drop a little. (I was driving a ‘55 Chevy Coupe short block)...

On 9/2/2019 at 11:30 PM, kav said:

Like for example "didja ever think that signature books would become vilified as writing on cover and everyone is after pristine books?"

Yeahhh... everything signed before CGC is basically graffiti and worthless.  WTB Signature series Kirby books...

8 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Your Pong = my Duckhunt 

220px-DuckHuntBox.jpg

I played that - had the system.  Also had an Intellivision.  As an aside, watching Stranger Things, it brought back memories of the arcades we would go to.  My dorm in college had four or five arcade games on the bottom floor.  That was in the early 80s.  I forget what the games were - Galaga, Centipede, probably.

But to be honest, I grew up with pinball machines at the bowling alley.  We would ride our bikes or walk to the alley about a mile.  Started before they had all the electronics and you could tilt quite a bit without it calling foul and five balls not three.

Ah, great memories. 

sinclair_zx_spectrum_original.jpg?x=1200

This was the start of my tech era.  The ultra-powerful 48 K version !

Galaxian, my first favourite video game.

11 minutes ago, telerites said:

I played that - had the system.  Also had an Intellivision.  As an aside, watching Stranger Things, it brought back memories of the arcades we would go to.  My dorm in college had four or five arcade games on the bottom floor.  That was in the early 80s.  I forget what the games were - Galaga, Centipede, probably.

But to be honest, I grew up with pinball machines at the bowling alley.  We would ride our bikes or walk to the alley about a mile.  Started before they had all the electronics and you could tilt quite a bit without it calling foul and five balls not three.

Ah, great memories. 

Another one after Duckhunt was Mike Tyson's punch out lol

Gosh I'm trying to dig way back in my memory banks I think I remember my older cousin having an Atari in the mid eighties or something. It's a vague memory but it may have been DonkeyKong and or that E.T. game I would see the old cartridge covers laying around his room, Van Halen posters etc lol. Cuz was the king of cool s**t!

Incidentally my comic obsession came from seeing a stack of his old comics ~ that time '86 87 with a beater ASM 83 on top and the rest was history...good times man! Nostalgia (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Another one after Duckhunt was Mike Tyson's punch out 

Did you ever beat Tyson?

Supposed to be one of the hardest boss fights in videogame history.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Did you ever beat Tyson?

No but my neighbor did because he was an obsessive nerd!!! He also won Mario Cart and most everything else 

I still know him btw, hes a computer programmer 🤓

Edited by MGsimba77

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Did you ever beat Tyson?

there was a person afyer tyson called the sandman i think....

i stayed up all night, and it took me all night to beat it, then did it all the was through in about an hour after forgetting to write down the code....

i didn't own it though and did it at a friends house..... parents were po'd i didn't sleep lol 

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

No but my neighbor did because he was an obsessive nerd!!! He also won Mario Cart and most everything else 

i own it now on the nintendo mini, i still get as aggravated by it as ever lol 

13 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Did you ever beat Tyson?

I was playing this on the switch last night I was thinking to myself damn this game is hard.

8 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

My favorite from the era...played the xxxx out of it.

1074477209_dodgeballgif.gif.afd5d3310655139c0643d245e306113e.gif

I played the carp out of that at grandma's house lol you'd think the way I post that I had no good experiences at home hahaha

But I'd get the dodge ball press a lot of buttons and whack some people in the head, my 10 year old mind thought that was awesome ha.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM