• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 1

12 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

While most people might know what the heck is meant by NEWBIE --

some folks might not and the thread title-- for all they know might refer to someone who collects some title called "Newbie Comics"

Perhaps a small change might help direct brand new people to the proper starting forum-- so I propose we change the title of this forum to something very obvious.

New Users Starting Place to the CGC Message Forum

or

Are you New to the website - enter here!

or something along those lines to make it both obvious to anyone -- feel free to shorten the forum titles - I am just spit balling here.

It might help us direct those completely new to the CGC world or collecting comics or even message boards themselves to start in the correct forum and avoid a ton of rookie mistakes. I realize when you initially sign up-- you are told about this forum-- but some people lurk first without realizing so many answers to common question are found here. In other words-- it might even help people who NEVER join the boards.

I support accurate, short, simple English names

In the UK, there is a "Crystal" mark awarded to organisations for use of crystal clear language.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:15 PM, 01TheDude said:

While most people might know what the heck is meant by NEWBIE --

some folks might not and the thread title-- for all they know might refer to someone who collects some title called "Newbie Comics"

Perhaps a small change might help direct brand new people to the proper starting forum-- so I propose we change the title of this forum to something very obvious.

New Users Starting Place to the CGC Message Forum

or

Are you New to the website - enter here!

or something along those lines to make it both obvious to anyone -- feel free to shorten the forum titles - I am just spit balling here.

It might help us direct those completely new to the CGC world or collecting comics or even message boards themselves to start in the correct forum and avoid a ton of rookie mistakes. I realize when you initially sign up-- you are told about this forum-- but some people lurk first without realizing so many answers to common question are found here. In other words-- it might even help people who NEVER join the boards.

I propose the OP form a committee to nominate board members that will form a Blue Ribbon sub committee to study the feasibility of such a suggestion. Let's fast track this, so have a list of proposed nominees to the search committee to issue a preliminary report in no more than 90 working days.