• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1000 —- 33 covers and counting?

53 posts in this topic

I'm personally hoping it's the D23 Expo Exclusive, but that's only because it's the first exclusive comic I've ever actually picked up in person.  (Plus I'm a Disney fan, so it means more to me as well).

Looking at my orders, it appears I ordered the JSC cover.  At the time I just ordered it sight unseen, but now that the cover has been released, I wish I had just stuck with the Alex Ross cover.

Frankly there's no long term value in any of them.  Just pick whichever cover art speaks to you the most.

13 hours ago, showcase4 said:

Well.... with 33 covers, which will be the TOP/ #1 Key Variant?  A bit overwhelming  ... :$

E31BD2FB-7236-4148-A660-AB8300082FB6.png

Cover doesn't have a member of the FF or a X-man on it (just some gratuitous memorabilia in the back ground)....lame. 

11 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm personally hoping it's the D23 Expo Exclusive, but that's only because it's the first exclusive comic I've ever actually picked up in person.  (Plus I'm a Disney fan, so it means more to me as well).

Looking at my orders, it appears I ordered the JSC cover.  At the time I just ordered it sight unseen, but now that the cover has been released, I wish I had just stuck with the Alex Ross cover.

Frankly there's no long term value in any of them.  Just pick whichever cover art speaks to you the most.

Unfortunately it's not an exclusive limited to D23 , it was also a one per store variant. This has driven the prices way down. Still... it's cool to own if you are really a Disney fan. Nice piece of memorabilia for you. Congrats on your pick up. 

20 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

What's the story like inside?

From what the commercial said....

It's a different artist team on each "page" that has worked over the years to tell 1 story, I forget but I think this is an 80 page giant with each artist team contributing to "a" page to the story...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

From what the commercial said....

It's a different artist team on each "page" that has worked over the years to tell 1 story, I forget but I think this is an 80 page giant with each artist team contributing to "a" page to the story...

Not my cuppa.Tell me if it's any good if you get one lol 

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

Unfortunately it's not an exclusive limited to D23 , it was also a one per store variant. This has driven the prices way down. Still... it's cool to own if you are really a Disney fan. Nice piece of memorabilia for you. Congrats on your pick up. 

Ugh, yeah, I found that out on Wednesday.  It did kinda detract from the uniqueness of it.  The Expo was sold as this event with exclusives only available to attendees, so to see that the book was made available 1 per store added a little to this notion of "why did we spend $150 to attend something not fully unique."  I think this sentiment was felt more so when the "D23 Exclusive" Star Wars footage was released.  Like, why am I sealing my phone in a bag to prevent recording of footage when you're just going to release it the next day anyways?

That said, I'm always grateful for free swag (and the Expo experience was still pretty fun regardless).  :nyah:

Edited by ExNihilo

I just read about the black-and-white D23 variant at Bleeding Cool. I'm not sure how I feel about Marvel printing 30 copies of a variant specifically for super special fans.

On the one hand, it's really awesome if you're one of those 30 fans. On the other hand, what about all the other fans who aren't special enough to get a copy?

(On the third hand, I don't pay much attention to variants so this may not be unusual.)

12 hours ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I just read about the black-and-white D23 variant at Bleeding Cool. I'm not sure how I feel about Marvel printing 30 copies of a variant specifically for super special fans.

On the one hand, it's really awesome if you're one of those 30 fans. On the other hand, what about all the other fans who aren't special enough to get a copy?

(On the third hand, I don't pay much attention to variants so this may not be unusual.)

One sold for like $6k or something stupid.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:42 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

My biggest problem was that most people in that room seemed like they were there as MCU fans more than comic book fans.  The panel ran like 15 minutes longer than expected and people were leaving in droves before they finished.  As a result of the fanbase that potentially got 1 of the 30 copies, I would imagine few would treat it properly with care.  I specifically brought a bag/board/toploader for my book (i only got the regular exclusive) but i doubt many others did the same.

43 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

My biggest problem was that most people in that room seemed like they were there as MCU fans more than comic book fans.  The panel ran like 15 minutes longer than expected and people were leaving in droves before they finished.  As a result of the fanbase that potentially got 1 of the 30 copies, I would imagine few would treat it properly with care.  I specifically brought a bag/board/toploader for my book (i only got the regular exclusive) but i doubt many others did the same.

The black and white weren't handed out at a panel. They were given to specific people.