• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1000 —- 33 covers and counting?

53 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The black and white weren't handed out at a panel. They were given to specific people.

That's a bummer.  They had tons of Diamond boxes so I thought it was 1/box and that random attendees received them.  That sucks, I certainly would have liked to at least had the opportunity to get one.

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

That's a bummer.  They had tons of Diamond boxes so I thought it was 1/box and that random attendees received them.  That sucks, I certainly would have liked to at least had the opportunity to get one.

I could be wrong but I read somewhere I thought that one person that got one worked on a bunch of Disney stuff over the years.

11 hours ago, Kwan Chang said:

i would be interested in knowing how this sale came about ?

can we confirm this ?  if these books were only given to 30 "superfans

6k is a lot for this book imo

It's as real as any other sale you see on the internet. Unless you know one of the parties in the sale, nothing is really "confirmed".

https://www.instagram.com/p/B169736BW-H/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

In terms of sale price, it only 30 copies of a Marvel book with Mickey on it exist I don't think $6k is out of line. You really make up your own price on something like that.

Edited by ygogolak

12 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It's as real as any other sale you see on the internet. Unless you know one of the parties in the sale, nothing is really "confirmed".

In terms of sale price, it only 30 copies of a Marvel book with Mickey on it exist I don't think $6k is out of line. You really make up your own price on something like that.

gotcha !  i wonder who from marvel reached out ? 

oh well. thanks for the info.

i wonder if anyone has gotten the sdcc b/w surfer and or d23 b/w variants graded ?  or do they plan on it.

i actually spoke to a person who got the sdcc b/w surfer varaint and he said that the copy he got was "dinged".  i told him to get it graded anyway.  he said he decided not to.

It was a fun but looooooong read. I get the feeling they are trying to set up the Masked Rider to make a come back? It was the only on going thread of a story I noticed. I got the Disney variant since I liked the cover for $30. Checked it on ebay and I'm so glad I did!

19 hours ago, arinya said:

It was a fun but looooooong read. I get the feeling they are trying to set up the Masked Rider to make a come back? It was the only on going thread of a story I noticed. I got the Disney variant since I liked the cover for $30. Checked it on ebay and I'm so glad I did!

Didn't the Masked Raider die in #1000?

On 9/6/2019 at 6:10 AM, ygogolak said:

How long before the b/w Mickey cover is counterfeited? Are the interior pages color or b/w on D23?

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

How long before the b/w Mickey cover is counterfeited? Are the interior pages color or b/w on D23?

It's square bound. Not going to be cheap to counterfeit. I don't recall hearing of any Star Wars Vader Down being faked and that would be an easier book to do it with.

BUYER BEWARE

Marvel #1000 Disney Cover Variants on eBay!   I have returned maybe 3 comics (not this issue) in the past decade+  ( Condition not matching descriptions )

I have now returned 3 of the marvel/Disney comics This MONTH — mint / gem mint copies DESTROYED from Unbelievably horrible packaging! Probably Disney people who don’t deal in Comics ever, and this book has them crossing over into our World.

comic may be rarer then we think after this keeps happening- I’m only 1 guy who bought 5 and ended up with 2!

the three I returned - $1 bin candidates at best.

few sample pics below on the results of poor packaging / 3 returns of what were 9.8-ish gorgeous books ! :flamed:

C8D56339-D9AD-491F-9443-EEE7A8A91515.jpeg

2A135FFC-FABB-4DCE-AA59-08205504C11C.png

8E4EF4C5-A130-4942-A6E7-B1F416FC39FE.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

On 9/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, showcase4 said:

BUYER BEWARE

Marvel #1000 Disney Cover Variants on eBay!   I have returned maybe 3 comics (not this issue) in the past decade+  ( Condition not matching descriptions )

I have now returned 3 of the marvel/Disney comics This MONTH — mint / gem mint copies DESTROYED from Unbelievably horrible packaging! Probably Disney people who don’t deal in Comics ever, and this book has them crossing over into our World.

comic may be rarer then we think after this keeps happening- I’m only 1 guy who bought 5 and ended up with 2!

the three I returned - $1 bin candidates at best.

few sample pics below on the results of poor packaging / 3 returns of what were 9.8-ish gorgeous books ! :flamed:

C8D56339-D9AD-491F-9443-EEE7A8A91515.jpeg

2A135FFC-FABB-4DCE-AA59-08205504C11C.png

8E4EF4C5-A130-4942-A6E7-B1F416FC39FE.jpeg

I'll put it to you this way...I was at that panel, I received a copy of the book (tried to get more than one but they were already running short), I immediately bagged/boarded my book and placed it in a toploader.  Care to take a guess as to how many people I saw just placing the book directly in their bag?  Yeah, pretty much everyone else.