• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: BATMAN/DETECTIVE/DC LOT, bronze/copper/etc! Neal Adams covers, Joker, Killer Croc, great reads, fun stuff... Sold!

6 posts in this topic

A Batman and related lot that I put together, up for grabs. Secure USPS Priority ship extra at cost. First 'takeit' wins, whether in the thread or via PM. Returns no problem.

-- Paypal or check/MO all OK. Please be able to pay within a week, or I reserve the right to cancel the transaction.

Any questions, feel free to PM. Thanks all! 

Edited by Point Five

BATMAN/DETECTIVE/DC LOT: A neat mix of Bat-titles and Bat-appearances spanning the 1970s and 80s, plus two rare Joker-themed promos from the Heath Ledger Dark Knight movie. The Batman #236 & #358 alone are worth more than the lot price, and my guess is if you saw the rest of these in $5 boxes at a convention you'd hit them up. Some attractive BA books and fun CA reads here. Strict grading; these are all pretty nice-looking books.

Action Comics Annual #1 (1987) in 9.6. Underrated Batman/Superman vampire story by Arthur Adams & Giordano. Super sharp copy.
Batman #230 in 5.0. Early 1970s; great Neal Adams Black Power cover.
Batman #236 in 8.0. Early 1970s; Neal Adams cover; 52-pager. Sharp copy.
Batman #358 in 7.0. First full Killer Croc appearance.
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight in 9.0. Great Mike Mignola pre-Elseworlds Jack the Ripper story; prestige format.
Detective Comics #428 in apparent 8.0. Early 1970s 20-center, awesome Kaluta cover... High grade with a dot or two of VERY discreet color touch.
Detective Comics #496 in 8.0. Aparo Batman/Clayface story, Batgirl backup story.
Detective Comics #501 in 6.0. Mademoiselle Marie/Alfred two-parter; cool story. Faint NCB center crease.
Detective Comics #502 in 9.2. Mademoiselle Marie/Alfred two-parter. Sharp copy.
Saga of the Swamp Thing #53 in 6.5. Classic Alan Moore Batman story, as Swamp Thing holds Gotham City hostage. Great read.
Tales of the Teen Titans Annual #3 in 7.5. 2nd ever Nightwing; death of Terra (I still miss her!); great art by George Perez. NM copy with soft NCB bottom corner dents.
The Dark Knight (2008) promos, high grade. Two scarce promo booklets from the time of the film's release. One is a reprint of the Joker's very first story from Batman #1 (1940); the other has teaser still photos from the first few scenes of the film (Joker's bank robbery).

$45 / lot of 13

IMG_1094.thumb.JPG.9f9cb7d4407cf5f6b98ac9625cdde6bc.JPGIMG_1097.thumb.JPG.1aa1ea77131b9ab10b3ec47d7e7d60d8.JPGIMG_1096.thumb.JPG.ee7a14dab3c97d8dcdac5f47d8288627.JPG

Edited by Point Five