• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics 14 & 15 Club!
2 2

56 posts in this topic

There has been some discussion in a few of the other GA threads about starting a Planet 15 club.  Considering what a classic it is, and how rare, it is certainly a book deserving of a club thread.  As I thought about it, I just couldn’t leave out a book that is perhaps equally rare, which hit newsstands just 2 months earlier, issue 14.  So here is a club for those who own a copy of either of these hard to find, sci-fi classics.

Post ‘em if you’ve got ‘em!

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

It might be interesting to look back at this as the numbers change over the years.  As of the creation of this thread, these are the census numbers. Lower counts than all other issues of Planet Comics. 

1ABEA2AA-B43A-4011-8A55-FE0CDE443A37.jpeg

FD89EE76-463C-4463-9731-F81186BFCE32.jpeg

Both are really tough my only regret was not getting Nic Gage's 14 back in the day such is life :cry:

19 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Both are really tough my only regret was not getting Nic Gage's 14 back in the day such is life :cry:

Had to go look it up on HA. I didn’t realize Cage had a 6.0!  And it sold for a whopping $400 way back when lol

At least you have the Cage 15 to help you cope with that regret.

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Had to go look it up on HA. I didn’t realize Cage had a 6.0!  And it sold for a whopping $400 way back when lol

At least you have the Cage 15 to help you cope with that regret.

I can lol

2 minutes ago, SamPool said:

Like Rick, I was waiting on you to pull out the big guns.

Ha.  Jared baited me in on the 14 and 15 “club” part.   (Just glad those 2 are some of my nicer books)

Some really great books being shared by all.   Aardvark- those are fantastic! .....and ComicJack....that 15 is just, well.....SPECIAL.   I actually met Nic Cage right around the time that book went to Heritage auction.  I was on an elevator at Cedars Sinai hospital....going up...”ding”....door opens up....in walks this guy with long hair (coughing uncontrollably.....clearly having some type of exacerbation episode from smoking I would guess).  Just me and him.....going up 4 floors.  He looked up...but turned his head not to make eye contact.  I just remember how different he actually looks compared to how the make-up artists make him look.  He was going through some heavy financial drama during that period....hence the sale.  

24 minutes ago, MattnNY said:

Ha.  Jared baited me in on the 14 and 15 “club” part.   (Just glad those 2 are some of my nicer books)

Some really great books being shared by all.   Aardvark- those are fantastic! .....and ComicJack....that 15 is just, well.....SPECIAL.   I actually met Nic Cage right around the time that book went to Heritage auction.  I was on an elevator at Cedars Sinai hospital....going up...”ding”....door opens up....in walks this guy with long hair (coughing uncontrollably.....clearly having some type of exacerbation episode from smoking I would guess).  Just me and him.....going up 4 floors.  He looked up...but turned his head not to make eye contact.  I just remember how different he actually looks compared to how the make-up artists make him look.  He was going through some heavy financial drama during that period....hence the sale.  

This story is just as awesome as the fact that Nic was a Planet Comics collecting nerd once upon a time! Thanks for sharing (thumbsu