• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book lot for sale

99 posts in this topic

I will be issuing the next badge to Old Guy.......and creating a gallery of the badges issued to the CGC Board Vigilantes....if you have nominations for others.... please pm me.

Red Hook

He is a bit old school and doesn't post much any more, but back in the board's early days Rickdogg was the number one scam-buster. hail.gif

No kidding. He was the original. Just have to look at his custom title to know that. Rick is the man. He did this kind of stuff every day. hail.gif

For unstintingly excellent and determined work to bring to wider public awareness the corrupt practices of various Ebay Sellers! Good Job, Brian!

oldguybadge.jpg

I'm honored Brad. Thanks very much. hi.gif

Good catch, october_fire. At least he knew when to quit here though.

"As the years went by, I tried to get back into the hobby and bought some CGC graded books, but eventually I decided to spend my money on other hobbies."

"I simply don't have an interest in comics anymore and they are taking up room in my closet that I could really use."

Oh yeah? You mean last week after you bought your 4th CGC graded comic on that eBay account you lost interest?

He is certainly an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, certainly a liar, possibly a scammer, but assuming

(1) the auction doesn't go too much higher,

(2) he actually ships all the comics listed,

(3) he doesn't gouge the winner on shipping, and

(4) all the comics are at least in VF or better,

it might not be that bad for the winner.

He just doesn't know when to quit...I guess he's just looking for one sucker to take the whole lot.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Newbie eBayer "germanowned"...registered today and look, he's the underbidder. Yet he already has two retracted bids, including at least one on this very auction. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif Something fishy going on with this auction? Who would ever have thought such a thing was possible?!?

You know, at about $350-400, this might not be a bad buy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

have you seen the books? i know there have been multiple requests for pics, all met with the usual lame-o responses of "don't have time," "don't have a camera," or "(something) broke"

-Transformers #46, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #68, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #9, CGC 9.6 with white pages

-Transformers #14, CGC 9.6 with white pages

-Transformers the Movie #3, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #18, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #17, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #13, CGC 9.8 with off-white to white pages

-Transformers #15, CGC 9.6 with off-white to white pages

Evidence? Here's your evidence...

-Transformers #46, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #68, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #9, CGC 9.6 with white pages -- Unsold by Joel

-Transformers #14, CGC 9.6 with white pages -- Unsold by Joel

-Transformers the Movie #3, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #18, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #17, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #13, CGC 9.8 with off-white to white pages -- Unsold by Joel

-Transformers #15, CGC 9.6 with off-white to white pages -- Unsold by Joel

And yes, the CGC serial number that you provided for the Transformers the Movie #3 matches. I'd assume that the rest match as well.

So, either you recently bought them off of Joel, in which case you were lying in your first post, or you are Joel. You're both in Southern California and given that you seem to have both the ones you "won" from him and the unsold ones, I'd say that Bodhar3000 and Comicseller109 are the same person.

The shilling that you conducted on your own auctions would also explain why you were NARU'ed by eBay, since eBay will suspend shilling accounts. 893naughty-thumb.gif

How's that? sumo.gif

Any response? popcorn.gif

Okay, I'm not really a participator on the boards (list some auctions and books for sale, and that's about it), but I had to break my semi-lurking and say that I'm EXTREMELY impressed with your detective work.

Wow, just...wow.

893applaud-thumb.gif

You know, at about $350-400, this might not be a bad buy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

have you seen the books? i know there have been multiple requests for pics, all met with the usual lame-o responses of "don't have time," "don't have a camera," or "(something) broke"

I have NOT seen the books, and I'm very leery, but you never know. I love the fact that ALL of the feedback "loadtoad74" has is for buying modern slabs.

You can search under completed auctions for "comicseller109"...he tried listing individual books. The scans suck, but at least they provide some insight. All said, I think it's not a horrible buy at a couple hundred bucks, but he was shilling people up to high levels before. If you really want them, I'd put set a lowball snipe. grin.gif I'll be watching from the sidelines, though.

-Transformers #46, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #68, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #9, CGC 9.6 with white pages

-Transformers #14, CGC 9.6 with white pages

-Transformers the Movie #3, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #18, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #17, CGC 9.8 with white pages

-Transformers #13, CGC 9.8 with off-white to white pages

-Transformers #15, CGC 9.6 with off-white to white pages

Evidence? Here's your evidence...

-Transformers #46, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #68, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #9, CGC 9.6 with white pages -- Unsold by Joel

-Transformers #14, CGC 9.6 with white pages -- Unsold by Joel

-Transformers the Movie #3, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #18, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #17, CGC 9.8 with white pages -- Sold by Joel, won by Bodhar3000

-Transformers #13, CGC 9.8 with off-white to white pages -- Unsold by Joel

-Transformers #15, CGC 9.6 with off-white to white pages -- Unsold by Joel

And yes, the CGC serial number that you provided for the Transformers the Movie #3 matches. I'd assume that the rest match as well.

So, either you recently bought them off of Joel, in which case you were lying in your first post, or you are Joel. You're both in Southern California and given that you seem to have both the ones you "won" from him and the unsold ones, I'd say that Bodhar3000 and Comicseller109 are the same person.

The shilling that you conducted on your own auctions would also explain why you were NARU'ed by eBay, since eBay will suspend shilling accounts. 893naughty-thumb.gif

How's that? sumo.gif

Any response? popcorn.gif

dude you are a grrr-animal! get some!... and thank you! ^^