• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else have a few too many at a Labor day party and then jump on HA last night? LOL
1 1

9 posts in this topic

SO I spent all day yesterday at a Labor Day Party then when I got home logged on and saw the Heritage auction was still going on ...OOPS lol Won a few lots not to bad- a couple books I wanted and a sweet group of High Grade X-men so no buyers remorse for me this morning with a clear head .... It could have been worse!

image.thumb.png.32b15f297402017998628a577336580b.png

There were a couple of steals last night.  One thing I picked up for me which I showed in the this week in your collection thread.  The other thing I picked up for eBay.  I thought that no one was paying attention to s few things due to Labor Day. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Yea I am sure.. I did not get home until about midnight so I missed all the art.. I should go back and look at what I was tracking.

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

There were a couple of steals last night.  One thing I picked up for me which I showed in the this week in your collection thread.  The other thing I picked up for eBay.  I thought that no one was paying attention to s few things due to Labor Day. 

So for example... One of things I won last night was this cel from the Disney Cartoon on how Disney creates animation starring Walter Cronkite and Robin Williams.   I took that home last night for $168 https://comics.ha.com/itm/animation-art/the-magic-of-disney-animation-back-to-neverland-production-cel-walt-disney-1989-/a/121935-11285.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515 

Back in June, another cel from that sequence in the cartoon went for $660.   The background that they included with sale is a not authentic and was created for presentation purposes for the production cel.  https://comics.ha.com/itm/animation-art/back-to-never-land-robin-williams-as-a-lost-boy-production-color-model-cel-with-painted-background-walt-disney-1989-/a/7207-97408.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Both production cels feature Robin Williams as a Lost Boy with a full body facing the viewer.  The one in June features him waving goodbye while the one I picked up last night features Robin looking impish. Cels from this cartoon do not come up very often. 

$660 in June vs $168 in August... that mock up - non-production background is not worth a $500 increase.  I am thinking that a few interested bidders were not around last night. 

I picked up a comic book for around $275 that people are trading for a bit more than double that on eBay which seems to be at a three year low for the book in grade.  I will stash that for about a year because I have faith in the book and the characters.   Again, I felt that someone was sleeping.  No one bid against me once the live auction started. 

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

That Disney cell is very cool... nice grab. 

What book if you do not mind sharing? I felt the same about that X-men group I grabbed, I was more surprised I won it actually... I will see what they look like in hand if they upgrade my keeper copies then flip the lower ones. 

I try not to talk about books I am buying up until I am finished buying them up. :( sorry