• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guy bought my TTA 27 CGC 9.0 PLOD a while back...

46 posts in this topic

And pressed it.

Regraded...

Got a 9.4!!! Wow... why the heck didn’t I think of that?!? Kudos to him. Here’s the book...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254348464166

Somehow I don’t think he’ll get his price though. LOL But it does show that it’s worth pressing certain PLODs. 

1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

It looks like bleed thru to me...  :ohnoez:

Yes, which eliminates buyers thinking,"Hmmmmm. Maybe there's money on the table. I wonder how much the grade will be dinged if the c.t. is removed", and with bleed through comes scraping. Goodbye beauty, hello ugly. Book is worth no more than $12K to anyone other than a collector that intends to leave it as is. Too risky. The last 8.0 went for about $17K. One with scraping would bring less. .

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes, which eliminates buyers thinking,"Hmmmmm. Maybe there's money on the table. I wonder how much the grade will be dinged if the c.t. is removed", and with bleed through comes scraping. Goodbye beauty, hello ugly. Book is worth no more than $12K to anyone other than a collector that intends to leave it as is. Too risky. The last 8.0 went for about $17K. One with scraping would bring less. .

:cry:

There's a cgc unboxing video where the new owner discusses this book. He was advised by CCS not to remove the color touch. He's had color touch removed from other books to get a universal blue label and they look horrible. The comic looked like it had stripes. It was a FF52 he had butchered.

Edited by Asianassassincomics
added commentary

3 hours ago, vheflin said:

Are those holes in the spine or is that CT bleed thru?

and how much was this book going for before the ant man movie?

It's been a major Marvel key long as I remember, and it was always the toughest one to find pre-Internet. Like all those keys, it has seen bumps since the movies.

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

No chance will he get that price...,the sum of all mankind’s greed.

Interesting seller name, any relation to our local antagonist JayDogRules? hm

Maybe the seller is colorblind and cant see the difference in labels?