• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest (sign-up thread)
9 9

341 posts in this topic

When you say 3 points for 1 grade off, what constitutes "1 grade"? Is that 1 grade point, for instance a guess of 7.5 would cover 6.5-8.5 or does it mean 1 grading increment- like a guess of 8.5 would cover 8.0-9.0 or a guess of 9.4 would cover 9.2-9.6. Thanks!

Also for the prizes we donate, what sort of value should they be expected to be? Looks like a lot of fun but totally new to this

8 minutes ago, Magickyak said:

When you say 3 points for 1 grade off, what constitutes "1 grade"? Is that 1 grade point, for instance a guess of 7.5 would cover 6.5-8.5 or does it mean 1 grading increment- like a guess of 8.5 would cover 8.0-9.0 or a guess of 9.4 would cover 9.2-9.6. Thanks!

Also for the prizes we donate, what sort of value should they be expected to be? Looks like a lot of fun but totally new to this

yes 3 points = if you guess 9.4 and the book is 9.2 or 9.6

if you guessed 9.4 and it was, 5 points....

if you guessed 9.0 and it was a 9.4 = 1 point....

if you guessed 8.5 and it was a 9.4 a negative 1 then...

and the gift can be what you can afford, no minimum or maximum.... usually trying to make it worth the shipping is the guideline....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, Magickyak said:

but i think your asking considering points that if it is 1 or 2 grades off can it be over and or under? yes, if the grade of the book is 5.0 you can guess for 3 points a 4.5 or 5.5.... and so on for one point can guess a 6.0 or 4.0 any more off in that spread is a negative one...

Right on, guys and gals!  Keep em coming in.  If I'm going to all this trouble, might as well have over 100 people.

Join up and tell your buds. (thumbsu 

Ever wonder why the "good" graders never join this contest? :whistle: 

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

and the gift can be what you can afford, no minimum or maximum.... usually trying to make it worth the shipping is the guideline....

I usually would try to donate something around $50-$100.  Sometimes more, never less.

There's no rules about what to donate, dollar value, etc.  All donations are greatly appreciated.  So, everything is okay. (just don't try to donate a bunch of carp 2c ) 

I'll be starting the prize thread some time next week. :whee: 

10 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

I usually would try to donate something around $50-$100.  Sometimes more, never less.

There's no rules about what to donate, dollar value, etc.  All donations are greatly appreciated.  So, everything is okay. (just don't try to donate a bunch of carp 2c ) 

I'll be starting the prize thread some time next week. :whee: 

@Magickyak :)