• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest (sign-up thread)
9 9

341 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

How did this double post a half hour later? :whatthe:

your account has been hacked. on noez… :ohnoez:... think you need to stay off your account for the next 6-8 weeks lol while they "look" into it.. *that should be enough time to miss the contest.. right*

7 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

101 participants so far.  Let me know if you wanted to be in, but don't see your name listed below.

01TheDude
1950's war comics
1Cool
707comics
ADAMANTIUM
adampasz
AJD
alexanderjk
AlexH
All Be D'Oh!
an99
Antpark
ashsaytr
aszumilo
Avi
Azkaban
batcollector
Bkd Reader
Black_Adam
BlowUpTheMoon
BorderlineHoader
BriD.
BuscemasAvengers
Buzzetta
byosti
Catwomancomics
Cocomonkey
comicdonna
comicginger1789
comicquant
comics4all
comicwiz
Cozmo-One
Crops068
Cushing Fan
Dan82
DeadOne
doublej
eddly
eeb03
ElrodAllWrong
entalmighty1
EricLB
Every Day A Story
fastballspecial
Graveheart
grebal
guldanaaron1
Harry Lime
HeyMoe
HighStakesComics
Hudson
jas1vans
jcjames
jevlnuts
JJ Speederman
JohnFranklin
JWKyle
kav
Kon_Jelly
KPR Comics
Kreton
Krishosein
KryptoMayor
Magickyak
marmat
MediumLover
Montezuma
Mr.TawkyTawny
mr_highgrade
Naphtha
ninanina
obiedagod
oglelo
old_dano
piper
Point Five
porcupine48
Red84
Ride the Tiger
Ron C.
Ryan.
Shadow
Shawnismaximus
shiverbones
speedcake
spidermanbeyond
SteviaComics
THE_BEYONDER
theCapraAegagrus
TheGeneral
topofthetotem
toro
Treemot
vheflin
W16227
wamh0416
Wipple
Wolverinex
X_Phile
Zalgardos

May I join?

14 hours ago, sckao said:
On 9/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, toro said:

Gone back and forth on this as there are too many things going on this year, and I hate to give it a half-hearted.  But that being said, for tradition sake I am in. 

2013, 2015, 2017 winner @toro has entered the fray... Be afraid. Be VERY afraid... for it is 2019. :eek:

1128836839_TorosMasterPlans.png.1197bfedf91ce82949fa26131add63bd.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tomorrow, Is Only One Day Away! :ohnoez: 

damn I havent sharpened my grading skills enough. Booby prize here I come.

At least I get a participation trophy.. right.. right... :tonofbricks:

7 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

damn I havent sharpened my grading skills enough. Booby prize here I come.

At least I get a participation trophy.. right.. right... :tonofbricks:

Be sure to do at least 10 push ups and run around the back yard beating your chest yelling, "Who Da Man?!?"

That might help :sumo:

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Be sure to do at least 10 push ups and run around the back yard beating your chest yelling, "Who Da Man?!?"

That might help :sumo:

lol 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I like this time of a grading contest.  Before the 1st book is shown I'm full of hope and excitement.  2nd or 3rd round hits and I'm doubting which way is up and questioning why i went down the rabbit hole.

because you want that participation trophy too maybe they will engrave your name on it.. lol 

For those of you freaking out thinking that you are not prepared be calm for there is still hope. I offer you this one word that could save your grading from total embarrassment. Ebay. There are oodles of grading knowledge within the many comic auctions. Look for key words in the title such as "wow" or "unread". When you see someone selling a book with a color breaking subscription crease and a NM grade given to it.... just study their auctions and you will have a greater understanding of how to grade. And when you don't know whether to give a book a 9.0 or a 9.2 then go right in the middle to be safe and give it a 9.1(thumbsu and that's it. Just follow these fee tips and you'll go the distance in this contest.

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

For those of you freaking out thinking that you are not prepared be calm for there is still hope. I offer you this one word that could save your grading from total embarrassment. Ebay. There are oodles of grading knowledge within the many comic auctions. Look for key words in the title such as "wow" or "unread". When you see someone selling a book with a color breaking subscription crease and a NM grade given to it.... just study their auctions and you will have a greater understanding of how to grade. And when you don't know whether to give a book a 9.0 or a 9.2 then go right in the middle to be safe and give it a 9.1(thumbsu and that's it. Just follow these fee tips and you'll go the distance in this contest.

(tsk)

13 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

^^(thumbsu...