• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest (sign-up thread)
9 9

341 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

For those of you freaking out thinking that you are not prepared be calm for there is still hope. I offer you this one word that could save your grading from total embarrassment. Ebay. There are oodles of grading knowledge within the many comic auctions. Look for key words in the title such as "wow" or "unread". When you see someone selling a book with a color breaking subscription crease and a NM grade given to it.... just study their auctions and you will have a greater understanding of how to grade. And when you don't know whether to give a book a 9.0 or a 9.2 then go right in the middle to be safe and give it a 9.1(thumbsu and that's it. Just follow these fee tips and you'll go the distance in this contest.

Special :news: Bulletin....

Only submit grades that CGC actually gives out.  Do your research if you're not sure.

If you submit grades that don't exist, you will not be getting any points for those. 

8 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Attention everyone! :preach:

These next few hours will be your last chance to join this grading contest.  If you're sitting on the fence, unplug yourself and join right now. (thumbsu

Welcome to the 7th annual (AND VERY LAST)  CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest.

everything ok or are you just tired of doing all this work?

1 minute ago, sckao said:

I had actually “retired” last year but after hearing that this grading contest was the end of Andy’s run, I had to come back to help him finish... (shrug)

Good Luck Everyone! :popcorn:

^^ you and Andy both!

29 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

You're in.

You're from England, right?  Ah, okay, you're in too. :shy:

Thank you very much. As long as it's all over by the 31st of October I should win it.

Sorry, did I say win it? I meant to say 'crash out' :bigsmile: