• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest (sign-up thread)
9 9

341 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I know! I will pay the Head Grader @ PGX in jellybeans to help me !

Then I will win for sure! lol

ya lol this isn't like the "march madness grading contest"......

you can't be eliminated, we just do the best we can on 2 books each round for ten rounds, but you'll see your ranking after each round....

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya lol this isn't like the "march madness grading contest"......

you can't be eliminated, we just do the best we can on 2 books each round for ten rounds, but you'll see your ranking after each round....

Yeah, you can't be eliminated... you can just keep sinking lower and lower... there is no mercy-rule.

:D

4 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Our local radio station does a weekly Sunday morning flee market.  If you say you are a first time caller,  Bells, alarms and applause's sound off.  I called once looking for comics but, didn't disclose I was a first time caller.  :shy:

Total newb mistake to declare my newbness, but I look forward to being humbled by this prestigious contest.

Edited by All Be D'Oh!

7 minutes ago, All Be D'Oh! said:

Total newb mistake to declare my newbness, but I look forward to being humbled by this prestigious contest.

it's all in good fun (thumbsu i remember my first year... it's a trial by fire, but you'll be the better for it

as long as your nerves don't shake rattle and roll between 4.0 or 4.5, saying, "i need just 3 more points!" show me the money style 

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

I know, right?! As each round you guess wrong everyone can see what a terrible grader you are!

dang dirty pillows.

8 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I know, right?! As each round you guess wrong everyone can see what a terrible grader you are!

you'll get better....... :wishluck:, you've got a couple of weeks to check out the spare a grade forum....!!

you should at least know the grading scale .5 1.0 1.5 1.8 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0 6.5 7.0 7.5 8.0 8.5 9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.9 10

ready or not here i come lol jk

but don't put two grades for the same book when submitting grades lol 

we've had people put 4.8 or the like, so do a minimal amount of familiarizing :headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

you'll get better....... :wishluck:, you've got a couple of weeks to check out the spare a grade forum....!!

you should at least know the grading scale .5 1.0 1.5 1.8 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0 6.5 7.0 7.5 8.0 8.5 9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.9 10

ready or not here i come lol jk

but don't put two grades for the same book when submitting grades lol 

we've had people put 4.8 or the like, so do a minimal amount of familiarizing :headbang: 

plus dont forget the NG