• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is this a blue label? More Fun Comics 73
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Even worse, there's restoration to remove restoration!  All those scrape lines were once color-touched areas, and I'd imagine the cover was once held on with some restoration work.  This should not be a blue label at all, but there is a serious conflict of interest going on with CCS and CGC in the same house.

3 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

Hmmm. I have a Blue Bolt 112 graded by CGC as an 8.0 with "A very small amount of color touch on cover". It still has the purple label..?

I think the difference is this; The book in the OP got restoration removal, and they couldn't remove all of it, so while a tiny amount remains it was intended to be an non-restored book. Any restoration on this book clearly won't improve the appearance much.

In the case of an 8.0, I would think that any (professional) restoration improves the appearance of said book.

I cannot speak for CGC, though.