• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizardworld Boston. are you attending? guest info?

67 posts in this topic

The word is that dealer space is sold-out. This is after the show was moved to a larger space. Should be interesting.

I buy that dealer space is sold out - but after moving to a LARGER space? That list of retailers is pretty small. Of course, the list of artists / creators /exhibitors is huge. And, after seeing the kind of space they were alloted in Chicago... Maybe I do buy it.

Makes for an easy decision. I like easy decisions.

The Double Tree is sold out. What other hotels are nearby? Any locals know?

Nearby? Nearby is a wasteland so I'm not all that sure... The good thing is it's not a million miles from downtown like Rosemount, so you could stay downtown or near Copley and still be able to make it to the show pretty quickly.

Nearby? Nearby is a wasteland so I'm not all that sure... The good thing is it's not a million miles from downtown like Rosemount, so you could stay downtown or near Copley and still be able to make it to the show pretty quickly.

Cool, thanks for the info, Rob. My geographical knowledge of Boston is nonexistent.

So maybe the better question is, what's the best area to stay if I want to go out and kick around Friday and Saturday night (well, Sat night after the forum dinner)? Copely?

Cool, thanks for the info, Rob. My geographical knowledge of Boston is nonexistent.

So maybe the better question is, what's the best area to stay if I want to go out and kick around Friday and Saturday night (well, Sat night after the forum dinner)? Copely?

If I were from out of town and staying in Boston, I'd look first at (or near) Copley Square. In Copley Square there's a Westin, a Marriot and the grand Copley Plaza and a little further out there are several more options (that I can't remember off the top of my head.) Copley is probably the nicest of the areas where you're going to find a concentration of hotels. There are restaurants galore, a veritable shopping orgy and you're within walking distance of one of the best "Boston" streets in the city- Commonwealth Ave between Arlington and Massachusetts Avenue. It's also VERY active around there until the wee hours of the morning.

Huh. I just heard something on the radio that I didn't think I would hear: an ad for Wizard World Boston. The best rock station in the Boston area, 107.3 WAAF, was the station I heard this ad on. I also checked their website and found this announcement:

Wizard World

Join Kevin Barbare in his home away from home, Wizard World, the weekend of September 30 - Oct 2. You can score tickets and prize packs during the Hillman Morning Show with Kevin and on WAAF's E-Force. Visit www.wizarduniverse.com for the full list of celebrity guests including uber hotty Eliza Dushku of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame along with wrestling legend Mick Foley and television legend The Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno).

Too bad it's not LB showing up instead of Barbare (at least it's not Spaz). So if you need tickets, or want free tickets (and then scalp your others?), listen to the Hillman in the morning instead of Howard Stern.

How far away from the airport is the convention centre? Any idea as to what it might cost for me to take a cab from the airport there?

It'd take you maybe 20-25 minutes in a cab with no traffic (potentially well over an hour with traffic as the convention center is off of 93- the snarliest, nastiest road in the city limits for traffic) and would probably run you $25.

I wish they'd go ahead and publish the list of dealers and artist alley people though!

It's up now:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/boston/aa.cfm

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/boston/retailers.cfm

The dealer list doesn't seem fully up-to-date. Certainly Harley will be there, for one thing.

http://www.harleyyeecomics.com/harleyshows.html