• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.A. Comic Con help?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone will be attending the LA Comic Con this year; I'd like to get something signed by JR jr!

**NON-CGC*** just a regular ol raw book.

If this is inappropriate or in the wrong section please let me know!

Thanks guys!

Edited by mikey_w

Cool! I'll check it out. Thanks!

I just trying to keep my options open, I live in Canada, & the return shipping from Desert Winds is close to $50 USD.

If I could get a board member to get my book signed I'd cover all costs plus a little extra for the help!

5 hours ago, mikey_w said:

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone will be attending the LA Comic Con this year; I'd like to get something signed by JR jr!

**NON-CGC*** just a regular ol raw book.

If this is inappropriate or in the wrong section please let me know!

Thanks guys!

Just as an FYI.  He's also going to be at New York Comic Con as well (according to his twitter account).  By the way, I just met him at a signing at Midtown Comics a few weeks back.  The proceeds of the signing went to St. Jude's Children's hospital.  He couldn't have been nicer.  He was genuinely appreciative of the people that waited to meet him and was incredibly gracious and humble.  If you are a fan, you should make the effort to meet him.  It was one of my better interactions with an artist. 

Out of curiosity what book are you looking to get signed?  I got an extra copy of Superman Year One #2 if you're interested.

1 hour ago, MarkMoon said:

Just as an FYI.  He's also going to be at New York Comic Con as well (according to his twitter account).  By the way, I just met him at a signing at Midtown Comics a few weeks back.  The proceeds of the signing went to St. Jude's Children's hospital.  He couldn't have been nicer.  He was genuinely appreciative of the people that waited to meet him and was incredibly gracious and humble.  If you are a fan, you should make the effort to meet him.  It was one of my better interactions with an artist. 

Out of curiosity what book are you looking to get signed?  I got an extra copy of Superman Year One #2 if you're interested.

That sounds like it was an awesome experience! Here's hoping I get a chance to meet him at some point.

I'm just looking to get a blank Amazing Spidey signed. I have a few of my favorite artists who've worked on the series sign on blanks & really want to add his to the list.

1 hour ago, MarkMoon said:

Looks like Desert Wind is facilitating at NYCC. I'll look into costs (its more their return shipping that hits Canada pretty hard).

Thanks for the heads up!

Well it sounds like you have a specific book in mind, for a specific artist, AND you're not even looking for CGC.

And you KNOW you're not willing to pay what Desert Wind is charging. 

So why not post what you ARE willing to pay?  A bounty for someone to get the sig for you. 

People don't know you from anyone else, and don't know how serious you are.  Make it easier for people so they can just help without thinking.

"Hi, I'm looking to get BOOK XXXX signed by JRJR at LA Comic Con, non-CGC SS, just a raw.  The JRJR signing fee is $XXXX.  The return shipping to my address in Canada is $XXXX.  I will pay you a fee of $XXX over the other costs. Of course all of these moneys will be sent to you up front.  I will make it easy and send you the comic in a package that is easily repackaged and mailed back to me.  Please contact me if you are interested in helping me.  Thanks."

On 9/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, mikey_w said:

That sounds like it was an awesome experience! Here's hoping I get a chance to meet him at some point.

I'm just looking to get a blank Amazing Spidey signed. I have a few of my favorite artists who've worked on the series sign on blanks & really want to add his to the list.

You want to add Romita Jr to the a blank already signed by other creators or just have him sign on a blank that is unsigned?  

19 hours ago, revat said:

Well it sounds like you have a specific book in mind, for a specific artist, AND you're not even looking for CGC.

And you KNOW you're not willing to pay what Desert Wind is charging. 

So why not post what you ARE willing to pay?  A bounty for someone to get the sig for you. 

People don't know you from anyone else, and don't know how serious you are.  Make it easier for people so they can just help without thinking.

"Hi, I'm looking to get BOOK XXXX signed by JRJR at LA Comic Con, non-CGC SS, just a raw.  The JRJR signing fee is $XXXX.  The return shipping to my address in Canada is $XXXX.  I will pay you a fee of $XXX over the other costs. Of course all of these moneys will be sent to you up front.  I will make it easy and send you the comic in a package that is easily repackaged and mailed back to me.  Please contact me if you are interested in helping me.  Thanks."

Sorry, this is my first time looking into something like this. I wasn’t too sure about who charges what as far as signing fees, facilitator fees or return shipping apart from Desert Winds. 

I did get a recommendation from a board member that will work out though!