• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MightyCon DuPage (Wheaton; Chicago suburb) - 10/12/2019
2 2

24 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I probably could get a $1 for most of them especially this bunch. I just don't want to sell half of them. I want to sell all of them or as much as I can at the show I do. I may be taking 18 boxes but I still have another 10 waiting to get sold not to mention the next collection I buy etc. So I like to move those books fast. Plus it really gets a crowd going at my booth and it draw more people to the booth.

Earlier this year I did a tote bag promo at my July show where you could fill the bag for $30 - you could basically fit about 100+ books in the bag. I did that promo on the final day of the show. I also gave the bag away to anyone who would follow us on Instagram.

I wish more people used this mentality in the Cleveland area.  You have the same guys dragging around the same inventory to each show and they seem happy to sell a short box of books with a whole day worth of work.  I'd even say sellers here on the boards have completely gone away from this selling tactic - everyone wants to squeeze out every last cent even if they are drowning in books.  I got a 80 long box collection in a couple years ago and had some big $1 sales threads just to clear out some space because it would have taken me decades to sell them slowly on E-Bay.  Most everyone got some great deals but you don't see those anymore on the boards or even at shows in my area.