• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting slabs
1 1

43 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

buy the book not the grade.... don't be a label chaser. but to each their own. if your unsatisfied with the 9.4 and you feel only a 9.8 would satisfy you then go for it. 

For me its the book and completing my collection that satisfies me as I have books in many different ranges from low grades to high grades and label colours purples, yellows, green and purple yellows lol i think I need a black and grey label to round out the colours lol.

I buy the book.  

Could not agree with you more.

As long as I can find a nicely-presenting book, I'm not bothered about the assigned CGC grade.

Lots of really nice 9.0 to 9.4s with defects that are barely perceptible in the slab.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I'm primarily a Bronze Age collector, so the 9.0 to 9.4 range was feasible, and at affordable prices.

Until recently, anyway.

8 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is it having the comic slabbed and graded for you, or is it having the highest grade in that comic the only thing that can satisfy you.

For instance I have a NM 98 graded at 9.4, but I feel somewhat unsatisfied not having a 9.8

Just print out an 8 font size=56 and tape it over the 4 you won't know the difference(thumbsu

10 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is it having the comic slabbed and graded for you, or is it having the highest grade in that comic the only thing that can satisfy you.

For instance I have a NM 98 graded at 9.4, but I feel somewhat unsatisfied not having a 9.8

pay the extra $$$$ for the 9.8 then you can send me the 9.4 for free!

lol

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't buy slabs. The comics satisfy me.

Can you imagine how popular comics would have been with kids if the entire industry model was to produce comics, encase them inside a tamper-evident shell, and sell them to kids as nice things to look at through the plastic?