• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime Suspenstories 22 or Fantastic Four 5

22 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, marmat said:

I mean, FF5 will probably see a rise in value in the near future

FF5 has been on a rampage for well over a year.  Even a year ago you could never find a copy for sale because the demand was so high.  Now ebay is flooded with them which means the price is (or has) going to drop.  Even if only briefly.  So maybe now isn't the best time to sell the FF5.  But there are also about 10 CSS 22 on eBay too.  Seems like both books have hit a cooling off point.

2 hours ago, marmat said:
2 hours ago, comicquant said:

There's 1195 FF5 on the census and 238 CSS 22...  You'll have a much easier time picking up another FF5 if you want to.

Yes, I see your point, but at what price?

P.M. sent.

Edited by Domo Arigato

4 hours ago, marmat said:

Yes, I see your point, but at what price?

If it is strong for the grade then 10%- 15% above GPA.  You can always negotiate downward, not upward. 

Edited by Buzzetta

i heard somewhere that of you flip a coin for the answer it works because you'll either be excited or disappointed by the answer....

i'd sell the css probably because the first doctor doom has more upside or potential....

4 hours ago, marmat said:

Help me decide, I need some extra income and I am planning to sell one of them, but which one? CSS 22 cgc 4.5 or FF 5 cgc 4.0?

@marmat I actually have a good plan here. 

Put them BOTH up for sale at a price that is well above average.  As soon as one of them sells take the other one down and that is the one you keep. 

If you want help with GPA pricing, I have no problem giving you information to you to set a price.   

So... 

Price each book 10-15% higher than what it currently goes for and go fishing.  When one of them sells then you know which one you are keeping and you also received a price that is higher than any of the others which allows you a sense of satisfaction that you let the book go at a record price. 

I included GPA cutouts for you. The first one is the FF5 with sales information on the 4.0 and a 4.5. The second  is the CSS 22 and I put up information on sales for a 4.5 and a 5.0. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 7.04.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 7.07.36 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@marmat I actually have a good plan here. 

Put them BOTH up for sale at a price that is well above average.  As soon as one of them sells take the other one down and that is the one you keep. 

If you want help with GPA pricing, I have no problem giving you information to you to set a price.   

So... 

Price each book 10-15% higher than what it currently goes for and go fishing.  When one of them sells then you know which one you are keeping and you also received a price that is higher than any of the others which allows you a sense of satisfaction that you let the book go at a record price. 

I included GPA cutouts for you. The first one is the FF5 with sales information on the 4.0 and a 4.5. The second  is the CSS 22 and I put up information on sales for a 4.5 and a 5.0. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 7.04.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 7.07.36 PM.png

That is a great plan. Except that FF 5 is consistently one of the 10 top hottest hobby key issues.

55 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Not tough at all. If the comic has the word "Marvel" on the cover, it's market future is brighter than that of any other publisher in 99% of the cases.

1%er EC.com jus sayn