• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 6.0 s, why so many?

37 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I have noticed recently that there are more 6.0s graded now than there were six months ago. That seems to be a trend that has been going on since CGC came into existence. The only conclusion to be drawn from this is that many books are being "pressed" to 6.0.

Lots of newly minted 6.0s these days.

No Richard - it's because everything is just fine!

Heeyuck! lol

11 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

From what I've seen of newly graded books, 6.0 is the new 4.0 to 8.0....., 

regression to the mean

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I have noticed recently that there are more 6.0s graded now than there were six months ago. That seems to be a trend that has been going on since CGC came into existence. The only conclusion to be drawn from this is that many books are being "pressed" to 6.0.

Love your snarky humor Mr B lol

1 hour ago, kav said:

6.0 makes sense-lower grades might not be worth slabbing and higher grades are rarer.  

As the prices inch up on high grade, the relative value of the lesser condition books will start to reach the submission threshold; the value of the book making the cost of submission sensible.

Also, why are so few men 6.8" compared to how many are 5'8" to 5'9" (average height for an adult male in America on the chart I just saw)?  6.0 is a middle grade. The 13/14th rung of our 26 rung grading scale. Stands to reason that there should eventually be more books graded 6.0 than anything else.

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

As the prices inch up on high grade, the relative value of the lesser condition books will start to reach the submission threshold; the value of the book making the cost of submission sensible.

Also, why are so few men 6.8" compared to how many are 5'8" to 5'9" (average height for an adult male in America on the chart I just saw)?  6.0 is a middle grade. The 13/14th rung of our 26 rung grading scale. Stands to reason that there should eventually be more books graded 6.0 than anything else.

All good questions!

13 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Or a lot of 8.0's are being home pressed into 6.0, just a thought. :)