• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Faked Action Comics / Superman #1's
2 2

20 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

At least he has them listed as reprints. "Custom Graded Case" although it has a CGC Label? Just seems to push the bounds of fraud.

20190905_173806.jpg

20190905_173823.jpg

20190905_174003.jpg

Wht the :censored:

8 minutes ago, D84 said:

Wht the :censored:

I thought the same thing. The seller on Ebay has  several of these  "reprints " he also has 12 like this in " custom graded cases" .  Here are his listings

20190905_182559.jpg

20190905_182526.jpg

20190905_182540.jpg

20190905_182550.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Wording

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-FIRSTS-WALKING-DEAD-1-Custom-Reprint-Rick-Grimes-/183692606630

Reprint with a reproduction cover? Looks like he's pasting on fake covers on reprints.  Some of these will be passed off as originals in the future.

Edited by thehumantorch

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-FIRSTS-WALKING-DEAD-1-Custom-Reprint-Rick-Grimes-/183692606630

Reprint with a reproduction cover? Looks like he's pasting on fake covers on reprints.  Some of these will be passed off as originals in the future.

That too was one of my concerns. Which is why I wanted to share this.  I know most of us and those who have any idea what they are looking at would know immediately,  but the fact he is using CGC labels that several you can tell he has altered is just wrong. He has already sold 6 of the custom graded. He also has some negative and neutral feedback for poor quality on the reprint covers and fake cards. 

20190905_184015.jpg

20190905_184037.jpg

Although in his listing he states that it's only the cover that is correct size. That the pages are from another reprint that is smaller and the cover overhangs. I think I know the reprint from Argentina that you are talking about. That guy makes props. 

damn those reprints and fake CGC slabs are expensive... I guess some people bought them maybe for wall art? 

32 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

damn those reprints and fake CGC slabs are expensive... I guess some people bought them maybe for wall art? 

People keep telling me to just keep my comics hidden from everything and post pictures of the comics on the walls.  Maybe this is the next best thing.

16 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

People keep telling me to just keep my comics hidden from everything and post pictures of the comics on the walls.  Maybe this is the next best thing.

quite possibly but I rather do a scan of my own book as why display something you don't have...  rather show case my own cool books :headbang:.

But yes just like nerds/geeks comic books must be hidden and kept out of the lights or we might have some gremlins on our hands... lol 

15 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Although in his listing he states that it's only the cover that is correct size. That the pages are from another reprint that is smaller and the cover overhangs. I think I know the reprint from Argentina that you are talking about. That guy makes props. 

2 hours ago, Krishosein said:

quite possibly but I rather do a scan of my own book as why display something you don't have...  rather show case my own cool books :headbang:.

But yes just like nerds/geeks comic books must be hidden and kept out of the lights or we might have some gremlins on our hands... lol 

There are some exact reprints on EBay with correct page sizes to fit. The covers are very convincing.