• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C Fan Addict Club certificate kit question

29 posts in this topic

Hello all. Newcomer to this forum. I have this question about my club certificate. This kit is unlike any I have seen. It is  in the original shipping envelope and dated July 1953. Inside is the full kit (certificate, patch, pin, and card) in a plastic sleeve with card and certificate unsigned. This one is the lowest number I have seen. #372. No bent corners or fading, but a touch of discoloration on one edge. It's as it was stored away immediately after receiving it. Any opinions?

20190905_211619.jpg

20190905_211627.jpg

20190905_211700.jpg

On 9/7/2019 at 12:49 AM, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

That is very cool, as well as complete and high-grade. So what are you looking to do, pawn or sell?

The consideration is of selling it. I am unsure if I should even frame it or keep it as packed for safety. I just don't have a proper way of displaying it at home.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:05 AM, Robot Man said:

I will see your EC fan addict kit (with all the bulletins)... and raise you a set of "ghoulantic" photos in the original mailer!

Sorry, I don't do free apprasials. Google is your friend...

ecfanaddictkit.jpg

ecphotos.jpg

No appraisal needed. My post was more of a question to weather or not I should treat my certificate as rare. I'm not much on having something if I cant enjoy it and frankly while the certificate is neat, I'd enjoy a classic comic more.

3 hours ago, Kelso1 said:

No appraisal needed. My post was more of a question to weather or not I should treat my certificate as rare. I'm not much on having something if I cant enjoy it and frankly while the certificate is neat, I'd enjoy a classic comic more.

I have seen a fair amount of these over the years and I’m pretty sure yours is the lowest number I’ve seen. Value wise it probably doesn’t make much difference to those who like and want one of these kits. Seems the pin is the toughest part to find and the most desirable piece of the kit. 

This kit and the 3 photos are the only fan club items produced by EC. I love the comics but these were a must have for me. I enjoy the heck out of mine. 

Great piece, and I would keep it if I were you. 

Edited by Robot Man

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

This kit and the 3 photos are the only fan club items produced by EC. I love the comics but these were a must have for me. I enjoy the heck out of mine. 

I agree 100% although I would just love a copy as I'm a huge E.C fanatic.:cloud9: