• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Ghost RIder #1 (1950)

11 posts in this topic

Trick question, as the book has already been graded. No pressing.  I only saw a crease after the graders notes mentioned it. It runs from the bottomleft corner through the chins of both of the blue Native Americans on the front. More apparent is the creasing that parallels the spine.

issues:
cover tanning , heavy creasing to cover, bends to cover, spine stress lines to cover, staining to cover, tears to cover.GRback.jpg.e844224455c4925dcbc7770773af3ef6.jpg

So, what grade would you assign this...70-year old boo

GRbotleft.jpg

GRbotright.jpg

GRtopleft.jpg

GRtopright.jpg

GRtop.jpg

I’m gonna cheat and say 4.5/5. Presents very nicely despite the flaws. Hope you reveal the grade after a half dozen or so posts. I wish we had a “guess the grade” subforum for already graded books because I like playing this game!

3 hours ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I must be really bad at grading because I was thinking this was a 5.0-6.0 but I also can't see the creases from the pictures.

I didnn't see the crease either, (before I submitted), until i titlted the book away from me, and took a flash picture. It doesn't break color at all.You can pick it up in the pic with the AYERS signature - it touches the line that shows where the arm starts / armpit on the left. 

Thanks for the responses guys. I figured 5-ish when I sent it off. Maybe 5.5 due to age etc.  But the reason I posted this...is the grade I got back: 3.0

I have a HUGE problem with that grade, and these notes, for the book above:  Oh, Tan to off-white pages.

Grader Notes:
heavy cover tanning to cover
heavy creasing to cover
moderate bends to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
moderate staining to cover
moderate tears to cover

11 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

I didnn't see the crease either, (before I submitted), until i titlted the book away from me, and took a flash picture. It doesn't break color at all.You can pick it up in the pic with the AYERS signature - it touches the line that shows where the arm starts / armpit on the left. 

Thanks for the responses guys. I figured 5-ish when I sent it off. Maybe 5.5 due to age etc.  But the reason I posted this...is the grade I got back: 3.0

I have a HUGE problem with that grade, and these notes, for the book above:  Oh, Tan to off-white pages.

Grader Notes:
heavy cover tanning to cover
heavy creasing to cover
moderate bends to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
moderate staining to cover
moderate tears to cover

Ouch. 

Guessing the grader had pulled an all-day shift of grading immaculate 9.8 modern dreck and then saw your book (a 4.5 at worst, IMO).

Which: Does CGC have experts for each era? As in, do they have a team of SA graders, a team of GA graders, etc? (Sorry for sabotaging your thread!)