• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-men #10
1 1

8 posts in this topic

That's a nice book. 7.0 to 8.0? But I'm admittedly a very novice grader. My questions would be: 1) How much of a factor the $0.10 stamp on cover? Seems like the higher grade book the more this is a negative. And this otherwise looks very high grade. 2) Staples (top one mainly) seems to be a bit off center. Not on spine. Does that matter at all? Considered a "defect" or just normal printing variation?

I currently have this exact same book out to CGC for grading/slabbing. So opinions on this are of definite interest to me as well. I wish I had photos available I could post as comparison between our two books.

I would stay at 7.0 as there are a few spine ticks and bends on the spin BC. a clean might help the BC not to sure about the stamp but at a 7.0 I don't think it will play much of a factor. I think it really affects near the 8-9 range. and a corner crease

Mine I sent to Lone Star Comics / Mycomicshop.com on consignment. They set the grade as a 5.0. I requested they send in to CGC. Very curious to see how the CGC grade comes back compared to their initial grade. Will post results. If it ever comes back. Going on 10 weeks now.

Edited by WPPJames