Need your help please. Looking for one of my old books. HUGE sentimental value.
3 3

23 posts in this topic

207 posts

Hi Community. I met Stan Lee on my birthday a few years ago on 5/28/2016 and had this book signed. Stupid me, sold it a couple of years ago. This book has more sentimental value to me now than ever before and I'd like to get it back please. If anyone can help me find the owner of this book, I would greatly appreciate it. I do have a blue label 5.5 white pages I'd be willing to trade for it or buy it outright cash. That had to have been one of my best birthday's ever and would really like to get it back. Please help? Below are pics of the book. 

image.thumb.png.5a10416f61d5be52b5e7a6bd40628a5e.pngNo photo description available.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Ralph Sabio, people smiling

Edited by Andwhat

19,679 posts

I don’t mean to be crass (and it’s sort of in the rules) but you should put a price you’re willing to pay. Obviously the higher the price the more likely you are to get your book back.

and maybe consider offering a finders fee?

584 posts

How did you sell it? eBay? the boards? garage sale?

Anything other than the last one you can probably still get the person contact info right?

2,299 posts

it might help to put some details of the first sale as in who you sold it to and what location.. might help for others to follow the trail for you to see if its one of the books they bought off of person x. 

207 posts

Finder's fee of $75 and I have a 5.5 white pages willing to trade for it too. Outright Cash, $1800. 

Edited by Andwhat

1,573 posts
10 hours ago, Andwhat said:

Hi Community. I met Stan Lee on my birthday a few years ago on 5/28/2016 and had this book signed. Stupid me, sold it a couple of years ago. This book has more sentimental value to me now than ever before and I'd like to get it back please. If anyone can help me find the owner of this book, I would greatly appreciate it. I do have a blue label 5.5 white pages I'd be willing to trade for it or buy it outright cash. That had to have been one of my best birthday's ever and would really like to get it back. Please help? Below are pics of the book. 

image.thumb.png.5a10416f61d5be52b5e7a6bd40628a5e.pngNo photo description available.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Ralph Sabio, people smiling

Good luck!

207 posts

oh man, i found it! I'm hoping to negotiate with the guy. He's asking for $3,500........

775 posts

Last sale was for $1,525 and you REALLY want it, so yes - he does have you over a barrel at this point.

1,144 posts

Wishing you the best of luck on this one.  Hopefully the current owner can be reasonable and still get a fantastic deal.

480 posts

I'm impressed you were able to track it down. Fingers crossed you can haggle to a price you're comfortable with.

359 posts

Good luck. Hopefully he’s not a jerk...

4,577 posts

I still dont see what venue it was sold on hm 

Auction house?

dealer consignment?

Anyway, good luck and hope you work something out.

Edited by silverweb

207 posts

I found it!!!! It’s currently on eBay but the guy is asking an astronomical price on it and isn’t responding to any of my messages. Does anyone know him? eBay handle is:

almightyguru

FD2A7E02-DAC3-40E5-B0C6-EDC475D021EE.png

C289D666-787E-4285-90F0-E7398069D390.png

207 posts

If anyone can get me in touch with him, I’d appreciate it!!!!!!!

3,478 posts

:golfclap: