• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I hate the end of the year........
1 1

59 posts in this topic

comics are getting so expensive I may honestly just tap out. That are I'm just kinda depressed. Seems like lots of folk I know are on their way outta here as Lux Interior used to say (who is gone now, too). Hard to see loved ones aging and dying. Was so bummed in Houston couldn't even make it to one of Mr. Bedrock's stores. Makes you wonder why people have to die in the first place.

Edited by NoMan

My biggest end or year gripe would be Christmas.  Although there are plenty of things I do like about the holiday season, I think the concept of giving presents, apart from children, are a complete waste of time and money.

6 hours ago, NoMan said:

comics are getting so expensive I may honestly just tap out. That are I'm just kinda depressed. Seems like lots of folk I know are on their way outta here as Lux Interior used to say (who is gone now, too). Hard to see loved ones aging and dying. Was so bummed in Houston couldn't even make it to one of Mr. Bedrock's stores. Makes you wonder why people have to die in the first place.

Agree with everything, but the last.  You don't want to live forever...., as a rotting pile of failing flesh.  You need to make room for more.

Long live Lux in memory :headbang: 

Bills, payments... it sucks and Christmas spending getting out of hand sometimes lol. but I do generally like the fall Halloween was one of my favorite times growing up. Love the bright colours having hot drinks and pumpkin pie... mmmm and the candy... The horror movies, haunted houses always a fun time... So its not all that bad I guess. :hi:

I have a trial the week before Christmas and maybe one around Thanksgiving and just a brutal schedule. And I need to get the comic selling back on track. And I need to get back to the gym 3 or 4 times A week. I am running out of hours already and I have 3.7 months to go.

18 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have a trial the week before Christmas and maybe one around Thanksgiving and just a brutal schedule. And I need to get the comic selling back on track. And I need to get back to the gym 3 or 4 times A week. I am running out of hours already and I have 3.7 months to go.

hopefully its nothing too serious or bad 

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I hate the end of the year because I have to get my sales spreadsheet up to date for taxes.
I dread doing it every month and get behind.

Wait - we are suppose to pay taxes on comic money??

I hate the end of the year.  The dry air leading to sinus colds - stress of the holidays - dark when you go to work and when you leave it.  I'm much more of a spring / summer then a fall / winter person but it may just be Ohio weather.

17 hours ago, FSF said:

My biggest end or year gripe would be Christmas.  Although there are plenty of things I do like about the holiday season, I think the concept of giving presents, apart from children, are a complete waste of time and money.

So you just do like we do. Enjoying each other's company is gift enough.

32 minutes ago, the blob said:

Ahh, winter and $400 heating bills instead of $400 electric bills. Enjoying late September and October, maybe early November, when I can avoid both.

I’m just waiting for those awesome few weeks when you don’t have to run ac or heat and the bill comes in at under $100.  

50 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I’m just waiting for those awesome few weeks when you don’t have to run ac or heat and the bill comes in at under $100.  

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Ahh, winter and $400 heating bills instead of $400 electric bills. Enjoying late September and October, maybe early November, when I can avoid both.

Damn I live in Canada and I know we generally do keep the furnace low but our Jan and Dec heating bills are like half of that 400