Why I hate the end of the year........
2 2

59 posts in this topic

31,580 posts

I hand set a diffuser in both ponds (about 8 feet down) the first part of April.   The water was a balmy 35 degrees.  

8,885 posts

I love fall. Absolutely the best. I thrill to the first real nip in the air, a slate gray sky, or seeing the first signs of color change in the trees.

Unlike Lulu and Tubby, here.

4507F750-3657-4BBF-B725-4FE134F9BB93.thumb.jpeg.7749e66e4d6ad4857b535899eb8727e2.jpeg

3,982 posts

comics are getting so expensive I may honestly just tap out. That are I'm just kinda depressed. Seems like lots of folk I know are on their way outta here as Lux Interior used to say (who is gone now, too). Hard to see loved ones aging and dying. Was so bummed in Houston couldn't even make it to one of Mr. Bedrock's stores. Makes you wonder why people have to die in the first place.

Edited by NoMan

2,069 posts
On 9/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, James J Johnson said:

Peppers outside your window? Maybe they're hoping you'll give it away, give it away, give it away, right now.

Peppers.gif

Gotta be the Post of the Year.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

248 posts

My biggest end or year gripe would be Christmas.  Although there are plenty of things I do like about the holiday season, I think the concept of giving presents, apart from children, are a complete waste of time and money.

20,475 posts

I hate the end of the year because I have to get my sales spreadsheet up to date for taxes.
I dread doing it every month and get behind.

43,502 posts
6 hours ago, NoMan said:

comics are getting so expensive I may honestly just tap out. That are I'm just kinda depressed. Seems like lots of folk I know are on their way outta here as Lux Interior used to say (who is gone now, too). Hard to see loved ones aging and dying. Was so bummed in Houston couldn't even make it to one of Mr. Bedrock's stores. Makes you wonder why people have to die in the first place.

Agree with everything, but the last.  You don't want to live forever...., as a rotting pile of failing flesh.  You need to make room for more.

Long live Lux in memory :headbang: 

3,254 posts

Bills, payments... it sucks and Christmas spending getting out of hand sometimes lol. but I do generally like the fall Halloween was one of my favorite times growing up. Love the bright colours having hot drinks and pumpkin pie... mmmm and the candy... The horror movies, haunted houses always a fun time... So its not all that bad I guess. :hi:

2,937 posts

Holiday & Birthday wise, it's the best time. Autumn is also the prettiest time of year.

As far as bills are concerned, I have 2 kids, so no difference any time of year.

20,769 posts

I have a trial the week before Christmas and maybe one around Thanksgiving and just a brutal schedule. And I need to get the comic selling back on track. And I need to get back to the gym 3 or 4 times A week. I am running out of hours already and I have 3.7 months to go.

3,254 posts
18 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have a trial the week before Christmas and maybe one around Thanksgiving and just a brutal schedule. And I need to get the comic selling back on track. And I need to get back to the gym 3 or 4 times A week. I am running out of hours already and I have 3.7 months to go.

hopefully its nothing too serious or bad 

1,069 posts

.......love September / October. The warmest UK sea temperatures and epic Cornwall surf. :cloud9:

28,162 posts
16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I hate the end of the year because I have to get my sales spreadsheet up to date for taxes.
I dread doing it every month and get behind.

Wait - we are suppose to pay taxes on comic money??

28,162 posts

I hate the end of the year.  The dry air leading to sinus colds - stress of the holidays - dark when you go to work and when you leave it.  I'm much more of a spring / summer then a fall / winter person but it may just be Ohio weather.

1,817 posts
17 hours ago, FSF said:

My biggest end or year gripe would be Christmas.  Although there are plenty of things I do like about the holiday season, I think the concept of giving presents, apart from children, are a complete waste of time and money.

So you just do like we do. Enjoying each other's company is gift enough.

20,769 posts
1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

hopefully its nothing too serious or bad 

For my job. I am a lawyer. Or I pretend to be one. Not me getting sued!

20,769 posts

Ahh, winter and $400 heating bills instead of $400 electric bills. Enjoying late September and October, maybe early November, when I can avoid both.

34,130 posts
32 minutes ago, the blob said:

Ahh, winter and $400 heating bills instead of $400 electric bills. Enjoying late September and October, maybe early November, when I can avoid both.

I’m just waiting for those awesome few weeks when you don’t have to run ac or heat and the bill comes in at under $100.  

3,254 posts
50 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I’m just waiting for those awesome few weeks when you don’t have to run ac or heat and the bill comes in at under $100.  

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Damn I live in Canada and I know we generally do keep the furnace low but our Jan and Dec heating bills are like half of that 400