• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] The Last Gasp Comic Shop is closed
8 8

43 posts in this topic

Hi, folks. The Last Gasp Comic Shop opens when I just want to move things, thus pricing those things quite attractively. Unless you're me, in which case the pricing is an unattractive reminder of what I paid for them.

This thread will be much more informal than most of mine. I'm relying on photos instead of scans most of the time, and I'm counting on the fact that many of you know me either from previous transactions or just watching me schlepp my books here.

So here are the rules:

1. All prices include shipping. I do not ship comics in envelopes. Most often, I use Gemini mailers and then USPS Priority boxes. I will ship promptly. Outside the US? Contact me first.
2. You may return comics for any reason, but you must reach out to me within 5 calendar days of receiving the comics. Return shipping is at your expense.
3. Payment is expected within 2 days of invoice.
4. To the unfortunates on the probation list or in the hall of shame, you're never going to see this statement, but you still can't buy here.
5. You can pay me via PayPal, personal check if we know one another on here, or Zelle.

So I'm going to try a fast and dirty approach once I get started. I will have some bundles, and I'm going to list a lot of things at what I think will be very attractive prices. Can I put lipstick on a pig? Let's find out!

Edited by DavidTheDavid

So I'm raising some cash for personal reasons that are, well, personal. Okay, I'll tell you. I need back surgery and am trying to stay out of Edward Jones if I can. I imagine EJ would prefer that as well. I'm actually quite thrilled and would sell every single comic I own if it meant ending this at times intolerable and debilitating pain. 

I'm not exactly sure what I'll list and I've winnowed the collection enough times that I'm having to let some things go that I hadn't wanted to. But hey, fix my back and you can have it all!

9 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

So I'm raising some cash for personal reasons that are, well, personal. Okay, I'll tell you. I need back surgery and am trying to stay out of Edward Jones if I can. I imagine EJ would prefer that as well. I'm actually quite thrilled and would sell every single comic I own if it meant ending this at times intolerable and debilitating pain. 

I'm not exactly sure what I'll list and I've winnowed the collection enough times that I'm having to let some things go that I hadn't wanted to. But hey, fix my back and you can have it all!

sorry to hear, hopefully the surgery clears it up.

I need to take pics of these, but my mother-in-law, wife, and son just got back from the park. You can take these pending pics if you'd like. Prices include shipping. It'll be a bit before I'm back.

REMOVED FROM SALE (FOR NOW). I've wanted to build this run for so long and have a nice #1 CGC 9.4 that I got at a crazy good price, which I'll never get again. So I'm super reluctant to let these go, too.

Conan the Barbarian (1970)    4    9.4 W   CGC    $150.00
Conan the Barbarian (1970)    15    9.4  W  CGC    $100.00
Conan the Barbarian (1970)    22    9.4  OWW  CGC    $60.00

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Amazing Spider-Man mini-lot $80 shipped :news: SOLD!

ASM 70, 8.5
ASM 127, 9.2 (looks NM but angle the back cover in light and some indentations detract from the grade imo)

Includes two freebies: ASM 314 and AS 328, both probably NM- (banana for scale)

Spoiler

amaz127.jpg

amaz70.jpg

IMG_20190907_153406.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid