• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading question. Blotches of pink ink from manufactioring on back of book...

13 posts in this topic

Can someone help me?  My Tomb of Dracula #35 is close to perfect EXCEPT for the light, but very noticeable, pink splotches on the back.  They are no where else on, or in, the comic.  I'm wondering what hit the book might take in grading because of this.  Thanks for your time.

scan1775.jpg

scan1774.jpg

16 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Is the bleed through from inside back cover?  I think you get a pass on a lot of that.  However the book is not perfect regardless.  It doesn't have sharp corners and looks like a 9.2.  It is still a nice copy...

Looking closer.  That's exactly what it is. It's bleed through from the inside inks.  If the book gets a pass on a lot of that, I agree about the 9.2 or so at best.  Unfortunately, not worthy of having graded.  Thanks, Karl.

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

When I first looked at this I thought bleed thru, but second guessed myself because the text on “Thor and Hulk” read correctly. What does the inside of the back cover look like?

I thought it was bleed through but the angle of the pink text might indicate that is from another book/ transfer from it being stacked onto of each other or maybe from the printing the inside cover would tell more of this story as Joey is asking. But the text to me looks like its angled and not aligned with the back cover bleed through. 

It looks to be a combination of both the ink transfer and another book leaving ink behind if you look closely. Look at the word "this" in the dark triangle on the back cover. The word "The" is present (and backwards as expected) and what looks like an "A" as well. 

Thanks to all for their insight.  Here are additional pics.  I believe that all the pink comes from inside the book.  But Pontoon's correct.  There some loss of color, most noticeably in the black on the cover.  I believer the book to be a relatively accurate representation of what it looked like on the shelf.  Too many production and production handling flaws I reckin.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg