• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Big Apple Pedigree Thread
1 1

34 posts in this topic

Oh man.  @lou_fine - note to self: don't start a Pedigree thread right before your planning to bid on a book in said Pedigree lol.

Thankfully, still tagged it for just less than the 2012 price (but still considerably higher than the one I posted to start this thread...). 

Does Plastic Man have a pulse?

pol1.691a.jpg

Edited by path4play

15 minutes ago, path4play said:

Oh man.  @lou_fine - note to self: don't start a Pedigree thread right before your planning to bid on a book in said Pedigree lol.

Thankfully, still tagged it for just less than the 2012 price (but still considerably higher than the one I posted to start this thread...). 

Definitely wouldn't if I had been truly interested in either of those 2 Big Apple books.

As I had alluded to, those 2 covers didn't really get my juices pumping, although that Wings 69 does look quite tempting at this price point.  Better to save up my nickels and dimes though for a cover I really want though.  hm

Of course, it's always a case of to each, their own and congrats on your pickup of Plastic Man at what is assuredly a steal of a price.  :applause:

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely wouldn't if I had been truly interested in either of those 2 Big Apple books.

As I had alluded to, those 2 covers didn't really get my juices pumping, although that Wings 69 does look quite tempting at this price point.  Better to save up my nickels and dimes though for a cover I really want though.  hm

Of course, it's always a case of to each, their own and congrats on your pickup of Plastic Man at what is assuredly a steal of a price.  :applause:

I'm not sure about a clean steal lol ?  Other than first appearance of Phantom Lady in Police Comics #1 - I don't think there is anything driving any price appreciation for ole Plas, albeit there is some movie speculation from D.C. believe it or not.   Its actually pretty good/wild art and stories, quite popular in fact back in the day.  What's not to like about a high grade pedigreed GA superhero.

Edited by path4play

4 minutes ago, path4play said:

Other than first appearance of Phantom Lady in Police Comics #1 - I don't think there is anything driving any price appreciation for ole Plas, albeit there is some movie speculation from D.C. believe it or not.

I believe you are pretty much bang on here since I seem to have noticed that prices for Police Comics have really shot up over the past couple of years or so, especially when you compare it to how moribund it had appeared to be for awhile there.  (thumbsu

In fact, you could almost say that Police Comics #1 appears to be getting a bit of a fire lit underneath it.  :applause:

17 hours ago, path4play said:

Does Plastic Man have a pulse?

pol1.691a.jpg

my old book.   just to let you know--it wasn't pressed before being put in the new holder; it arrived at auction with a big crack in the plastic, and a mere reholdering was done.

Edited by Straw-Man

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

my old book.   just to let you know--it wasn't pressed before being put in the new holder; it arrived at auction with a big crack in the plastic, and a mere reholdering was done.

Good to know - thanks Straw.  That makes the second Police Comics pedigree book I own that passed through your hands:foryou:

4 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

my two, one being silver.

being a ped-junkie, i've noticed over the years that, oddly, the old/gold b.a.'s generally have better pq than the silver specimens.  lots of c/ow [and plain ol' cream--see below] and even l. tan in the latter group.

airboy.png

totu29.jpg

@EastEnd explains the mystery in a post on the previous page.