• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

but the big question is will Hugh Jackman going to be Wolverine or will they have someone else?

hm

I recall him saying that he'd play Wolverine again if it was in the MCU.  I did love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine but lets face it, I think he is too old now and they need to reboot the actor I think....

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

There are so many rumors flying around outside of the Fantastic Four and X-Men films. One interesting one that keeps building steam:

Cosmic Book News

It would be a great way to introduce the X-Men in the MCU!  Buy the already expensive Hulk 181 while you can :roflmao:.

14 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I recall him saying that he'd play Wolverine again if it was in the MCU.  I did love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine but lets face it, I think he is too old now and they need to reboot the actor I think....

I agree, I love Jackman as Wolverine, but unfortunately he is too old now, or will be in 3 or 4 years when phase 5 hits.  Marvel needs to find a new Wolverine to introduce when they finally bring in the Xmen.

32 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

You might have a point there. I just looked up his age and he just turned 50, most men hit their wall at 55. So either Marvel makes this movie quick or they find a younger actor.

Long-term it is smarter to go with a younger actor but short term one last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie in the Marvel Universe vs Hulk would be a 1 billion dollar movie!

Should be interesting how it plays out.

Just have Hulk kill Wolverine and let X-23 take over. Then reboot down the road too. Deaths are so impermanent in comics; it should be just as easy in movies. Granted, Jackman, Downey, Evans and others have done a great job, but at the end of the day people will give other actors a chance in favor of seeing a character again. How many decades has the James Bond movie franchise run?

29 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

How? Professor Hulk has a screwed-up arm, now. Plus, I'd rather see the regular ol' Hulk face-off against him. I guess they could do an Earth-833 face-off with an alternate (2012) Hulk before the X-Men find their way into the Earth-616 universe or something.

If you watch the Emergency Awesome video I posted, the rumor is:

• It will be 'Wolverine vs' because Hulk distribution rights are still held by Universal.
  • It will be a different version of the Hulk, but with Mark Ruffalo. But as Immortal Hulk.
  • It will be a different Logan/Wolverine.
  • It will include Alpha Flight.

But this is all rumors right now. Though very interesting assumptions and speculation.

Henry Cavill to Leave Superman for Wolverine: DCEU to MCU?

A recent report, from a moderately credible source, indicates that Henry Cavill met with Marvel President Kevin Feige 

Henry Cavill clearly likes to keep his schedule packed and, based on recent decisions, enjoys long-term work. Signing on for Netflix’s The Witcher, Cavill may just not be a one and done kind of guy. And, if he’s an actor who likes prolonged projects and lengthy stays with a character, Marvel may be his perfect poison.

According to We Got This Covered, a new leak on Reddit, by the quite well-known 4chan, has indicated that Henry Cavill recently met with Marvel President Kevin Feige to discuss taking an MCU role. While 4chan has been accurate in his prophecies in the past, he is not the next Roger Wardell; thus, his words must be taken with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Not sure I I feel about this.  I can view him as Wolverine however I don't think he is that good of an actor (although I did like him as Superman).  Also I thought they were going to look for a smaller Wolverine? He is 6.1 tall.