• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay, technically, the Kree Inhibitor didn't use amnesia, but the Kree needed Carol to not remember who she was in order to maintain control over her as well with the Inhibitor. That amnesia is what keeps Carol subservient to Kree authority and not question what they tell her, except when her hot-headedness comes through and she questions it at moments. So the Inhibitor worked with Carol's amnesia to allow the Kree to control her. And in that way, the Inhibitor is simply a MacGuffin-like tool of the more important story element of Carol's amnesia.

Captain Marvel 2:

*shaves her head*

"Oh, my hair was holding me back. Now I can do anything with my new-found superpowers!"

On 9/9/2019 at 7:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

How? Professor Hulk has a screwed-up arm, now. Plus, I'd rather see the regular ol' Hulk face-off against him. I guess they could do an Earth-833 face-off with an alternate (2012) Hulk before the X-Men find their way into the Earth-616 universe or something.

Just need a Kang time slide movie to reset the characters to younger people. Thought they might do that in endgame with the reality stone. 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:05 PM, Dale Roberts said:

Just need a Kang time slide movie to reset the characters to younger people. Thought they might do that in endgame with the reality stone. 

Marvel Studios doesn't need to reboot. If Feige and Co. play the long game with all the Marvel characters (as in don't give in to fan fervor and throw all their characters out there at once), there are enough legacy, current ,and future characters to last decades. Sure, Tony Stark is dead but if you just pass on the tech to younger characters like Riri Williams or Morgan Stark and give them personalities, that's another 10 years of Iron Man legacy stories there. The same is true for Captain America's shield, the Pym Particles, etc. When Marvel is ready to introduce the X-Men (Phase Six or Seven maybe?) those characters and their story arcs alone could potentially carry the MCU into the middle of this century.

24 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

X-Men ain't waiting to Phase 6 or 7.

While I think there's a chance we might see Wolverine as a solo character in Phase 5, I'll bet one of my high grade slabs we don't see the rest of the mutants until at least Phase Six. It seems with  the storylines they're setting up right now (Eternals, bigger cosmic threats, and the multiverse) and exploring "newer" Avengers like Black Panther and Captain Marvel, the MCU don't really need X-Men. In fact, they could be too much of a distraction. As I said, if Marvel plays the long game (and I think they will) it'll be a long long time before the X-Men make their debut.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

While I think there's a chance we might see Wolverine as a solo character in Phase 5, I'll bet one of my high grade slabs we don't see the rest of the mutants until at least Phase Six. It seems with  the storylines they're setting up right now (Eternals, bigger cosmic threats, and the multiverse) and exploring "newer" Avengers like Black Panther and Captain Marvel, the MCU don't really need X-Men. In fact, they could be too much of a distraction. As I said, if Marvel plays the long game (and I think they will) it'll be a long long time before the X-Men make their debut.

Which one?

The MCU needs the X-Men more than it needs a Captain Marvel sequel.

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Which one?

The MCU needs the X-Men more than it needs a Captain Marvel sequel.

Why is that? For box office reasons or storytelling reasons?

If it's for box office, well the last X-Men movie just atomic bombed at the box office. Any smart movie executive would wait on pushing out the mutants as a moneymaker. And Kevin Feige is a smart guy. Also, Captain Marvel made over a billion at the box office in stark contrast. Carol Danvers is a winner.

If it's for the MCU's story, then if you look at the current pieces of the puzzle left over from Endgame and what's coming in Phase Four, the X-Men just don't fit. The MCU is going cosmic. The departure of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers has left a void in the leadership and the might of the Avengers that will need to be filled. After Thanos, Nick Fury and Co. realize that more than ever, Earth is under threat from cosmic forces. Carol Danvers checks off all of those boxes. Scott Summers does not.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Why is that? For box office reasons or storytelling reasons?

If it's for box office, well the last X-Men movie just atomic bombed at the box office. Any smart movie executive would wait on pushing out the mutants as a moneymaker. And Kevin Feige is a smart guy. Also, Captain Marvel made over a billion at the box office in stark contrast. Carol Danvers is a winner.

If it's for the MCU's story, if you look at the current pieces of the puzzle left over from Endgame and what's coming in Phase Four, X-Men just don't fit. The MCU is going cosmic. The departure of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers has left a void in the leadership and the might of the Avengers that will need to be filled. After Thanos, Nick Fury and Co. realize that more than ever, Earth is under threat from cosmic forces. Carol Danvers checks off all of those boxes. Scott Summers does not.

I couldn't care less about "box office reasons". I suspect that, for the foreseeable future, the MCU will always have their films above water. They're likely to maintain enough fanboys and fangirls to rake in the cash.

The X-Men fit. Especially with the Avengers disjointed and Nick Fury seemingly in space. I've been so distant from the X-Men franchise that I'd welcome a new team over seeing a 5th Avengers film. Unless, of course, it's X-Men vs The Avengers...

Carol Danvers is a boring MacGuffin byproduct. The X-Men, as a team, are not. I want to see heroes overcome adversity. Not use their Infinity Stone powers to defeat any purpose of potential storytelling. zzz

19 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

with the Avengers disjointed and Nick Fury seemingly in space.

Yeah, the Avengers are disjointed. And Earth needs the Avengers. That's why the role of Carol Danvers is even more important. In regards to Nick Fury, at the end of Spider-Man Far From Home, while he was getting a little R&R on a Skrulls ship, it wasn't because he's given up on Earth. He's obviously working with our allies the Skrulls because a new threat is approaching. Again. Nick Fury. Skrulls. Carol Danvers. It's simple math.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, the Avengers are disjointed. And Earth needs the Avengers. That's why the role of Carol Danvers is even more important. In regards to Nick Fury, at the end of Spider-Man Far From Home, while he was getting a little R&R on a Skrulls ship, it wasn't because he's given up on Earth. He's obviously working with our allies the Skrulls because a new threat is approaching. Again. Nick Fury. Skrulls. Carol Danvers. It's simple math.

We get it. You love the imposter Captain Marvel no matter what.

The real Earth needs better storytelling than bland development-less characters.

X-Men: Math is Hard

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

We get it. You love the imposter Captain Marvel no matter what.

The real Earth needs better storytelling than bland development-less characters.

X-Men: Math is Hard

Just give the X-Men to Tahiti Wifi (I’m not looking him up). After the last Thor, I’m sold he’s definitely the guy.

43 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Just give the X-Men to Tahiti Wifi (I’m not looking him up). After the last Thor, I’m sold he’s definitely the guy.

I love Taika Waititi's style ON THOR. While it may have translated to a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, it wouldn't transfer over to a Captain America or Black Panther movie. Similarly, I don't think Waititi's wacky comedy style would be right for the X-Men's darker themes.

I love Taika Waititi's style ON THOR. While it may have translated to a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, it wouldn't transfer over to a Captain America or Black Panther movie. Similarly, I don't think Waititi's wacky comedy style would be right for the X-Men's darker themes.

Just because he brought some wacky comedy to Thor doesn’t mean he’s not capable of bringing the dark when appropriate. I never would have thought the guy who made the Hangover trilogy could bring us this latest iteration of the Joker.

27 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

antman3.thumb.PNG.3ed8e1cc1a8060abd0f55bba8828df37.PNG

Has to be vs The Black Knight surely?

Nathan Garrett - they defeat him, so at the end he reveals the whereabouts of Sir Percy's sword to Dane Whitman (Kit Harrrington).

I know Harrington is in The Eternals, but I think he won't actually be seeking to be the Black Knight until the very end of The Eternals - when he is watching Ant-Man and The Wasp kill Garrett.As we all know Garrett urges Whitman to restore the honour of the Black Knight.

So basically this film in 2022 will be set at the end of the the 2020 Eternals.

Garrett has to be in there somewhere otherwise Dane Whitman can't find the sword to actually BE The Black Knight (and Whitmans intro to The Avengers is when they attack him thinking he is Garrett) - and Feige has already said he's signed up for 3 movies.

Eternals

Ant-Man #3

Captain Britain and The Black Knight (aka Excalibur)

Or, I'm talking bollox.

Again. :headbang:

Edited by Beige