• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supermen of America membership kit.

11 posts in this topic

I won this at an auction and think it is an early example but know nothing about them. I paid $200 plus a buyer premium for it. 

I read conflicting things about copyrights and dates. Some seemed contradict others.  Anything anyone can tell me is great. If I got robbed, which I don't think I did, feel free to correct me. 

I bought it to display, although it will be for sale eventually.   

Edited by shadroch

Shad, if your pin looks like the one in the lower left corner it is probably the 1939-1940 one.

From left to right in bottom row are 1939-1950, 1948, 1955 and 1961. The small one at top was used for a few months in 1942 I believe to save money for the war effort. The one next to it on the right is the British 1960's version. (only one I know of).

Hope this helps...

supeclubpins.jpg

On 9/8/2019 at 3:57 PM, BitterOldMan said:

I noticed the postmark on the envelope notes war bonds, which probably means post Pearl Harbor 1941.

There's a David Leonard in Iowa age 85, which (if it's the same man) puts the certificate around 1943-1944.