• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*POOF* goes that nasty thread

57 posts in this topic

Was about to compliment comix4fun for a nice post about being responsible when you post something.  But the thread, it no longer existed - which is impossible because I was sure I had just read it.

Now I understand what the East Germans dissidents were talking about during the cold war.

49 minutes ago, grebal said:

Was about to compliment comix4fun for a nice post about being responsible when you post something.  But the thread, it no longer existed - which is impossible because I was sure I had just read it.

Now I understand what the East Germans dissidents were talking about during the cold war.

Was it the one about charity and slander.? I just sat down at a restaraunt and was going to  finish reading it.  Now I gotta look at the adult ads in the local freebie alternative paper.  

Just now, NoMan said:

Was it the one about charity and slander.? I just sat down at a restaraunt and was going to  finish reading it.  Now I gotta look at the adult ads in the local freebie alternative paper.  

I had one asking for the documents all 501C3's must disclose to the public.

And another urging caution linking one entity to another entity unless there's enough to be entirely sure first. 

Can a new thread be started solely about the charity aspect, completely avoiding the Torpedo mess? That information is very much in the best interest of the public to know, and in the best interest of the Berkbridge Foundation to disclose. 

Just now, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Can a new thread be started solely about the charity aspect, completely avoiding the Torpedo mess? That information is very much in the best interest of the public to know, and in the best interest of the Berkbridge Foundation to disclose. 

There is a thread on page 2 that could be revivified...., :baiting: 

45 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I had one asking for the documents all 501C3's must disclose to the public.

And another urging caution linking one entity to another entity unless there's enough to be entirely sure first. 

Yeah, I was just about to 'agree' with that second reply you mentioned when I got an 'error' message that the post no longer existed.

Note to to the Stasi - I swear I didn't see nuthin!

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Seriously that’s all the alternative press is these days: ads for weed, sex ads, tatoo ads. Anybody remember The Village Voice from the mid 80s? Used to get that in Virginia.  So many worlds opened with music and film.  

I loved the Voice. Great articles and the music section for all the clubs around the city, including a vertical half page ad for the bands playing at CB's that week. 

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

is The Voice gone?

No. The Voice has taken up residence in my head, and I don't mean my lavatory. The voice brought a few close friends to keep it company in here and all of the voices are telling me to get

in and out before the lock!

:whee:

Edited by James J Johnson