• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*POOF* goes that nasty thread

57 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, NoMan said:

is The Voice gone?

14 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

No. The Voice has taken up residence in my head, and I don't mean my lavatory. The voice brought a few close friends to keep it company in here and all of the voices are telling me to get

in and out before the lock!

:whee:

Yeah, it ceased publication a couple of years back. They may still have some online presence though.

The voices in JJJ's notwithstanding. May they always keep you happy, James.

10 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Yeah, it ceased publication a couple of years back. They may still have some online presence though.

The voices in JJJ's notwithstanding. May they always keep you happy, James.

They're very chatty during most of the day, but they simmer down long before I go to sleep so I can get some rest. I guess they want to keep me well rested, and among all their crosstalk with each other, they do occasionally blurt out sound dietary and exercise advice. I lost 15 pounds this Summer and feel great! I imagine it's in their best interests to keep me strong and healthy so they don't go down with the ship, God bless them!

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

No. The Voice has taken up residence in my head, and I don't mean my lavatory. The voice brought a few close friends to keep it company in here and all of the voices are telling me to get

in and out before the lock!

:whee:

At least your response had nothing to do with that silly-stupid singing contest show. So you get points for that. Have I derailed another thread?

1 hour ago, Catwomancomics said:
2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

How was Torpedo Comics mixed up in it? 

Answering that will cause this thread to poof.

Yes, what CWC said.  A careless comment speculated that ENTITY A is same as ENTITY B with no real basis or nothing to substantiate it.  Sorta like you and I both grew up on LI so we're the same person.

And Torpedo might have been mentioned.

51 minutes ago, grebal said:

Yes, what CWC said.  A careless comment speculated that ENTITY A is same as ENTITY B with no real basis or nothing to substantiate it.  Sorta like you and I both grew up on LI so we're the same person.

So you are me and he is we?

:preach:

let me tell you kids what I remember about The Thread. I remember not understanding it cause it wasn’t about hulk 181 or pressing or “how much is it worth” so it kind of stood out.  It was interesting reading.  Slander was brought up but not libel.  There was some sarcasm , tempers were heating up and mess man bring back that thread!!!

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, grebal said:

I explained my reasoning right before the old thread was deleted. For the sake of this thread im backing completely off this issue.

6 hours ago, NoMan said:

Seriously that’s all the alternative press is these days: ads for weed, sex ads, tatoo ads. Anybody remember The Village Voice from the mid 80s? Used to get that in Virginia.  So many worlds opened with music and film.  

We used to have one called "Creative Loafing" when I lived in Tampa. It was loaded with good information and ideas for things to do.

6 hours ago, NoMan said:

Seriously that’s all the alternative press is these days: ads for weed, sex ads, tatoo ads. Anybody remember The Village Voice from the mid 80s? Used to get that in Virginia.  So many worlds opened with music and film.  

In college in the early eighties, roommates and I would marvel at the personal ads in the village voice.