• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The bottom line is that there is absolutely no evidence online of:

• Any charitable activity or testimonials from charity recipients
  • Any fundraising activity, other than selling comic books -- what charity have you ever heard of that doesn't have an online donation page or a chance to buy tickets to their upcoming fundraising event?
  • Any opportunities to volunteer to help in the charitable work
  • Any invitations to people in need who might benefit from the supposed charitable work (for example, a hotline or web contact form)
  • Any web or social media presence -- again, are you aware of any charity that doesn't promote itself to prospective donors, volunteers, or charity recipients?
  • Any ratings from trusted sources on charitable organizations
  • Any of the paperwork they're supposed to file

I respect all those who are trying to give this organization the benefit of the doubt.  But to me this whole thing reeks.

This

23 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Questions have been raised about how the fund operates, and how funds are dispersed. Legally, they are required to provide this information upon request. This thread, serving as the replacement for the now-deleted thread, is the place for @BerkbridgeFoundation to provide those who would like access to said information, with the correct means of doing so, be that a website link, pdfs, whatever it may be.

Berkbridge.thumb.jpg.e7e5c29fbff45c75d665de9cf93a5b7d.jpg

20 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

From the Nevada DB site:

https://nevadadb.com/company/E0626592014-5/berkbridge-foundation.html

Berkbridge Foundation was registered under company Id E0626592014-5 and Nevada Business Id NV20141764182. This company type is Domestic Non-Profit Corporation. This business was created four years, eight months and twenty-one days years ago - on 2014-12-15. Current company status is Active. 

Registered Agents Inc. is the current agent of this company. This agent office address is 401 Ryland St Ste 200-A, Reno, 89502 NV. Berkbridge Foundation home state is NV.

There are 8 officers and directors in this company. Michael Dawson with secretary title, Michael Dawson with secretary title, Nathan George with treasurer title, Nathan George with treasurer title, Robert Jalali with president title, Robert Jalali with director title, Robert Jalali with president title, Robert Jalali with director title.

Then who is Nicole?

Nic.thumb.jpg.fc32bf9fc4d6af131337303d7dadd787.jpg

4 minutes ago, Spideyham said:

The guy is a fraud.  He wanted to come to my residence to purchase my collection and pay cash, that he had 25,000  to spend yearly as a write off for his used car business.  I told him I was uncomfortable with that and would prefer that we make an initial transaction via PayPal through mail order.  I sold him Conan issues 1-24 in NM or better condition.  1 month goes by and he files a paypal claim stating the reason being not as described.  I accepted the return but he switched out a few of my books with lower grade copies and didn't even send back issue 24.  I contacted paypal and filed an IC3 online fraud report as well as a police report.  Paypal was able to refund me my loss on my appeal.  A few months later he started this bogus organization.  Worst experience with a seller in 30 years.

The plot thickens

15 minutes ago, Spideyham said:

The guy is a fraud.  He wanted to come to my residence to purchase my collection and pay cash, that he had 25,000  to spend yearly as a write off for his used car business.  I told him I was uncomfortable with that and would prefer that we make an initial transaction via PayPal through mail order.  I sold him Conan issues 1-24 in NM or better condition.  1 month goes by and he files a paypal claim stating the reason being not as described.  I accepted the return but he switched out a few of my books with lower grade copies and didn't even send back issue 24.  I contacted paypal and filed an IC3 online fraud report as well as a police report.  Paypal was able to refund me my loss on my appeal.  A few months later he started this bogus organization.  Worst experience with a seller in 30 years.

Who is "this guy"? How are you sure these two entities are the same person?

Not saying you're incorrect, just asking for more background.

30 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

"Nicole" and "Sophie" (may or may not be real people) are the "volunteers" who handle 99% of the correspondence for the Berkbridge account.

Possibly the only two single moms that ever got any 'support' from Berkbridge.

Don't forget Berkbridge's most telling behavior in the poofed thread.  A genuine, professional organization would never conduct itself in that manner.

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

Don't forget Berkbridge's most telling behavior in the poofed thread.  A genuine, professional organization would never conduct itself in that manner.

When they thanked Sweet Lou for his "defamatory statements?" lol

1 hour ago, Spideyham said:

Maybe we might see @BerkbridgeFoundation stop by and thank-you too! lol

1 minute ago, comicwiz said:

When they thanked Sweet Lou for his "defamatory statements?" lol

Yes, and Sweet Lou's inquisitive, not accusatory, post was conscientious, polite and reasonable.  Berkbridge responds with a veiled threat against Sweet Lou's feebay seller account only problem is that that seller has no relation to this Sweet Lou.

1 hour ago, Spideyham said:

What is a IC3 online fraud report?