• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Bruh,more than thrice.I think someone recently dragged up at least two exits,dating back to 2003?

@Domo Arigato was it you?

I don't think I would do something like that as it would be considered a "failure to foster productive discourse" in the forum.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a Red Rocks and wipe my Cal.

Edited by Domo Arigato
Beyonder gave me a titty twister and made me change it.

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I don't think I would do something like that as it would not be considered fostering a "positive environment" in the forum.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a Red Rocks and wipe my Cal.

“Failure to foster productive discourse “

1 hour ago, icefires said:

Congrats to Berkbridge. You are safe. Cal's arrival has turned this thread into a circus, and no meaningful posts have been made in the last 24 hours. I'm out.

I thought the people summoning him (and others) were hoping they were going to weigh in with some kind of meaningful analysis and contribution to the thread ... instead it's descended into a bunch of inside jokes, which (funny though they are) really derailed the whole conversation.

Anyone genuinely interested in the topic at hand, particularly if you have information or expertise to share, please don't give up.  Everyone else, it would be great if we could stay focused.  Thanks so much.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, comicwiz said:

I've seen a few questionable charities linked to the comic hobby that were exposed here in the near twenty years I've been a member of these boards. @BerkbridgeFoundation might not realize the forum history of exposing them, and the way the community comes together to find out the truth. And while I can't even wrap my head around all of this as it's been unfolding over the past few days, I do want to say that it's good to know there's people here still watching out for one another. It's good to see that basic communal instinct that's too often drowned out by all the banter and noise of CG, and to know it's still alive and well on these forums.

Well said. :golfclap:

7 minutes ago, ComicsAndCode said:

...and that being my response quarter way into the thread way before the derailment by seasoned veterans and subsequent reprimand by the "newer" crowd. (:

Sorry... 

Anyway... what is the big deal about just randomly calling them up or asking someone to look into them? 

And this is a serious question.  How does eBay vet a charity to ensure that the charity's paperwork and claims are legitimate? What does it take to prove that it isn't?  

On 9/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, Catwomancomics said:

@Naphtha suggested it was $118,000. If that’s accurate, then there’s some esplaining to do.

edit $118,000 for last year in sales?  @icefires

No, $118,000 in the last 30 days. I counted all the sales including the relists. They are generating a massive amount of CGC sales.

Edited by Naphtha