• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Call Ebay and see if they will give you the information you are requesting.  

It's there, when you enter on the EB ID history link on their feedback page. But the name is scrambled with all but two characters missing.

s.gif

s.gif
  User ID   Effective Date   End Date

berkbridge   Jan-21-15   Present

b********9   Sep-12-99   Jan-21-15

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

It's there, when you enter on the EB ID history link on their feedback page. But the name is scrambled with all but two characters missing.

s.gif

s.gif
  User ID   Effective Date   End Date

berkbridge   Jan-21-15   Present

b********9   Sep-12-99   Jan-21-15

Do you have the magic Ebay descrambling key?  

10 hours ago, Naphtha said:
20 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I'm amazed that nobody here can answer the simple question of, "what was Berkbridge's ebay name for their first 16 years on ebay?". Just that answer alone may go a long way towards transparency. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

This.

How about a hint?

9 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Do you have the magic Ebay descrambling key?  

I do have it, but the only thing it does for me is descramble eggs, the shells and all. And it works so effectively that It even goes so far as to insert them back into the chickens, God bless their little wattles.. (thumbsu

Edited by James J Johnson

3 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

:gossip: Ron Jeremy posted it on page 9

Yes, I looked at the same picture but I am not sure it was him.  His recent deleted twitter account was matched that would be sufficient.  Also, he stays in West Coast - Nevada and California.

One more thing....I still don't understand how super-expensive books are "giveaway".  Is he willing to throw his "million dollar comic book collection" away to single mothers --- I would love to hear from them that they are their saviors but I doubt it and don't think that I can give my books away.

Edited by JollyComics

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Yes, I looked at the same picture but I am not sure it was him.  His recent deleted twitter account was matched that would be sufficient.  Also, he stays in West Coast - Nevada and California.

He's not hard to find online.  Just Google "Robert Jalali" and you'll see his UC Davis profile, his LinkedIn page, etc.

He's an economist / lecturer who apparently does speculative "high net worth investing" in real estate, collectibles, and scam charities on the side.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

He's not hard to find online.  Just Google "Robert Jalali" and you'll see his UC Davis profile, his LinkedIn page, etc.

He's an economist / lecturer who apparently does speculative "high net worth investing" in real estate, collectibles, and scam charities on the side.

Oh that. Good job!  How's about the criminal history?

Edited by JollyComics

E-mail rep[ly from Berkbridge:

Hello Steve,
We've been contacted by other CGC Forum members regarding document requests and here is our response:

Any information that is required by IRS regulations to be made available for "Public Availability" are digitally available on the IRS web site. If you are having trouble finding them, please contact the IRS for assistance.  
We can provide physical copies upon written request and payment of a reasonable fee to cover copying and mailing costs. We've attached the disclosure from the IRS' website for your reference. 

If you which to have physical copies, please send us a request letter with directions on where you would like them mailed to and include a check or money order payable to Berkbridge Foundation for $5.00 to cover these costs.  Our mailing address is 401 Ryland Street, Suite 200-A , Reno, Nevada 89502

Thank you

@icefires @comix4fun Thank you both for these substantive posts.  Without saying more than I'm at liberty to share, I can tell you that you're not alone in making these document requests and the responses you're getting are similar to what I'm hearing from others who have contacted me privately.  (Apparently, they are being told that they must send checks in the mail, because Berkbridge isn't "set up" to receive PayPal payments for any purpose other than eBay sales.  Obviously this is a ludicrous stalling tactic.)  You're doing a great service to the community by keeping the pressure on Jalali.

One other detail I will add is that I'm hearing, second-hand, that the IRS in its current (gutted) incarnation is not in a position to rigorously enforce its own policies.  My sense is that anyone wishing to get results is more likely to make progress working through the State of California (Attorney General's office, etc.) than through any federal agency. :(

Edited by Sweet Lou 14