• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

So he never graduated?

Nope.  And who knows whether he ever even sniffed a classroom at Cambridge, let alone was ever enrolled in a degree-granting program.  Maybe yes, maybe no.

From his webpage as a UC Davis lecturer (a position not associated with the regular faculty):

Ph.D., University of Cambridge (forthcoming)

Edited by namisgr

46 minutes ago, namisgr said:

There won't be any programs, though, at Cambridge that will take you at that advanced age for slotting into a PhD program with highly competitive admission and whose mission is to train the next generation of scholars and thought leaders.

in Canada I had a friends dad complete his PHD at 61

1 minute ago, Krishosein said:

in Canada I had a friends dad complete his PHD at 61

Sure, but just not at one of the twenty best and so most competitive Universities in the world.

Edited by namisgr

35 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I know what you're thinking, though.  I retired from full time work at the beginning of last year, and have been taking classes in the elder-adult education program at the University of Delaware.  My wife has too.  It's been great, but without the pressures that come from a degree-oriented program.

Right now I am drowning at work.  If I could do it all over again I would.  If I make it to retirement then perhaps I will be able to hit the reset button. 

8 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

His real name is Robert S Jalali. I believe he is about 62. Currently at UC Davis. 

The picture attributed to Robert Jalali is not one of a man in his 60s, unless his real name is either Ponce DeLeon or Dorian Gray. The picture is of a man that looks to be in his mid-30s.

7 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I'm really not positive on his age. Here's another photo that may help, from his now-nuked FB page. 

22089233_10155044774052993_391076349054000603_n.jpg

Edit: Just want to clarify that that photo was seen on his Facebook page. That's not where I sourced it from, however. 

OK, this is the same man. But if he is 62, a much more recent picture than the closeup head shot of the same man in his 30s. .

Edited by James J Johnson

Okay, I see where I got the 62 from. Please disregard that for now, I'm not convinced it's entirely reputable. It COULD be right, but for now I wouldn't rate it. 

3 hours ago, namisgr said:

Sure, but just not at one of the twenty best and so most competitive Universities in the world.

One of the Universities here is ,ah,lovingly referred to as the U of Zero lol 

I was a little rankled and looked it up,I thought maybe McGill ranked higher than 24th :frown:-another cited U of T.O. as twenty first and McGill at forty fourth.

Neither are in Cambridge league.

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

Nope.  And who knows whether he ever even sniffed a classroom at Cambridge, let alone was ever enrolled in a degree-granting program.  Maybe yes, maybe no.

From his webpage as a UC Davis lecturer (a position not associated with the regular faculty):

Donations to Single Mothers (forthcoming)

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
8 hours ago, namisgr said:

Donations to Single Mothers (forthcoming)

Impregnations our specialty!?!